Are you a manc

another generation said:
North Manc (Middleton) = Manc. Now an ex-pat, but definitely a Manc.

There are obviously better Mancs than me, like there are better City fans than me, but I've never felt affiliated to Rochdale (the council) or Oldham (the nearest maternity ward). It's all down to how you feel. Otherwise, you'd only be a Manc if every single one of your ancestors had been born, lived and died within the confines of a few square miles. I'm sure someone here will lay claim to this....

Perfectly said!

Ally.P said:
another generation said:
North Manc (Middleton) = Manc. Now an ex-pat, but definitely a Manc.

There are obviously better Mancs than me, like there are better City fans than me, but I've never felt affiliated to Rochdale (the council) or Oldham (the nearest maternity ward). It's all down to how you feel. Otherwise, you'd only be a Manc if every single one of your ancestors had been born, lived and died within the confines of a few square miles. I'm sure someone here will lay claim to this....
Perfectly said!
I thank you!

Born in Wythenshawe, raised first 5 years in Moss Side. Now live near Warrington but moving back soon.

But you don't choose your place of birth so for people who weren't born in Manchester but ended up being raised here it's very harsh to not class them are true Mancs.

Only a Manc if you live within the City boundaries post 2 yeah right.

Born in North Manchester General, live in Bury technically now. We did not choose where those boundaries were put.

Mancunian by birth, nature, choice of favourite music and by football team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.