Are you a manc

mrksdawn19 said:
Well, I was born in Germany (dad was in the RAF)
Moved to Stalybridge in 68 when I was 7
And moved to Kent in 2000

Still class myself as a Manc tho cos I lived up north for 32 yrs

and an old bastard...

;)

Ally.P said:
Pigeonho said:
See this is a good one. I like how you consider yourself to be a Manc, but for me you're not one, you're a cockney.
A reverse of this is an example of a former friend of mine. He was born in Crumpsall, like me, and lived in Moston all his life until 18 when he went to Sandhurst Military College. He came home 2 times a year and even the first visit we could tell he'd changed to fit in with his twattish, elite-est friends. He no longer considered himself as from Manchester, instead he told his friends at College that he came from 'a little village on the Yorkshire/Lancashire boundaries'. The 'village' he was referring too was fucking Chadderton! He thought that if he said he was from Manchester he wouldn't be able to fit in with his home county, rich friends. We disowned him after that and the last we heard he was a cigar smoking, port drinking fanny of a man.

But having lived here since i was a child...Whitefield, Prestwich and now Eccles (aagh then thats Salford), my alliance is to Manchester, because its been home for so long. Its home. So now I guess I am not a true Manc being born on the edge of Kent (Bromley) but still within the M25, but I am an honorary Manc I hope.

Sorry mate but Prestwich and Whitefield are Bury, not Manchester.

But my son, who is nearly 5....he was born at Hope, has always lived in Eccles, and has a right nice little Manc accent coming along. You can't be born in Salford anymore, well in a hospital anyway. So pleased about that. Plus he is growing up a Blue and hoping he will go to his first live game this year. Proper Manc, that one.

Flixton blue said:
Ally.P said:
But having lived here since i was a child...Whitefield, Prestwich and now Eccles (aagh then thats Salford), my alliance is to Manchester, because its been home for so long. Its home. So now I guess I am not a true Manc being born on the edge of Kent (Bromley) but still within the M25, but I am an honorary Manc I hope.

Hmmm yeah ok, but they have a M postcode. Its Prestwich, Manchester. Whitefield, Manchester. They are under Bury Council. Like Eccles is under Salford Council. But its still M30, Eccles, Manchester.

mrksdawn19 said:
Well, I was born in Germany (dad was in the RAF)
Moved to Stalybridge in 68 when I was 7
And moved to Kent in 2000

Still class myself as a Manc tho cos I lived up north for 32 yrs

Yer kidding no one mate, RAF, didnt you mean Luftwaffe ? (only kidding buddy)

It can be a close call too though, this boundary thing. The house where I live now is about 20 paces from the 'Failsworth, Metropolitan Borough of Oldham' sign. That same sign is about 50 yards away from where I was raised. In effect I could have easily have been a Yonner if my folks had moved just 50 yards down the road, I would have sounded the same though. Mad eh?!

Ally.P said:
Flixton blue said:

Hmmm yeah ok, but they have a M postcode. Its Prestwich, Manchester. Whitefield, Manchester. They are under Bury Council. Like Eccles is under Salford Council. But its still M30, Eccles, Manchester.

Quite agree with you, but strictly you live in Bury rather than Manchester. Just the same as when people have a go at the rags for coming from Trafford rather than Manchester. But it's a loada bobbins if you ask me.

aphex said:
Lancashire Blue said:
Born in Harpurhey, and lived in Blackley before parents moved me away to East Lancs.

Now in North Lancashire. Lost the Manc accent sadly.

Now its a mixture of Manchester/East and North Lancs. As a result no one understands me. Maybe I should go for elocution lessons. Is it possible to re learn Manc?

But still a F***ing massive BLUE!

to be fair, most mancs sound like smackheads

why would you want to talk like that?

' ee up bar gum thar not reet yur nuor ' . ( rather sound like a smackhead than a bit backward , like most of my yonner neighbours in Oldham ) ;-)

Born Harpurhey , grew up in Blackley ( Damhead ) .

Pigeonho said:
It can be a close call too though, this boundary thing. The house where I live now is about 20 paces from the 'Failsworth, Metropolitan Borough of Oldham' sign. That same sign is about 50 yards away from where I was raised. In effect I could have easily have been a Yonner if my folks had moved just 50 yards down the road, I would have sounded the same though. Mad eh?!

lol

your a racist bugger you..

not a mile away from me is the yorkshire border, i could have potentially been a fecking leeds fan..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.