Are You Doing Anything To Protest About The Latest Season Ticket Price Increase?

£800,000 is what the club will raise from season card increases
That's less than a 1000th of the playing staff's salary
But 80% of last seasons profit, with Sterling Jesus KDB all wanting / getting large increases I bet we still wont make big profits this year.

Current inflation rate in the U.K. is 3.10%. Beer has gone up over 3% as have many things. I’ve not stopped drinking beer and I won’t be stopping city. After 30+ years, i didn’t think it could get any better than 2012. Then came 2014 and 100+ goals. But this I’m watching now is quite extraordinary and, although I’d obviously love to go in for free, I’ll more than happily pay inflation for next season, especially if I’m watching anything close to what I’ve been watching this season. Imagine giving it up now!!

If, just before the takeover, you’d have been told that in the next ten years there would be the price increases there has been, but we’d win three titles including our first in the manner it was and and our third by breaking the points and goals records whilst watching some of the best footballers in the world being coached by the best coach in the world, would
you accept it?

I know it’s more complex than that, but it’s an interesting question! Personally, I would every single time.

You did.

I did. Another one what ?

4, but that's this year, not next.

I long since f**ked off the League Cup, as there are enough (too many in fact) home mid week league games, and CL games for someone who has a 350 mile round trip, and I'm probably f**king off the CL next season, as we'll never win it, unless we can change UEFA.

If you want to protest, carry on, but for the price of 3 pints to watch this team, no I won't be protesting, I'm watching the best football in the country (europe, or world even), for just over £25 per game, I watched that Pearce team for a lot more.

Yes, I meant next year.

Or 20 bottles of Proper Job.

I don't drink pints.

It's not the one off increase. Or the odd increase. It's the continual increase every season.

TBF we've done this to death in the other thread.

Perhaps the word 'protest' has irked some BMFM, especially after a season like this. Fair enough.

So, I will put it another way. I have decided to opt out of the Carabso and FA Cup schemes.

Why would they have said that? They are gods but they can't predict anything 10 years down the line.

My morning coffee keeps going up as well, but I enjoy it and therefore keep drinking it.

There are things I used to be able to afford and now I can't. I don't boycott them.

Personally I don't think anyone would mind the increases if they felt the board understood the fans a bit more. Just my view. Maybe it is all about the cost

I don't remember Swales Lee or Bernstein telling us either, but they've all done it, pretty much every year.

I'm 50.

I can't remeber that far back.

But that far back I think you could get in for almost nowt, pay on the day, stand, Beer was cheap, etc, And do all of that for a few quid.

Yes, times have changed.

We're going into the other thread here.

Yes or no. No! OK.

But let's go off topic.

At what point did Khaldoon or Soriano say in public to City fans there would be 10 season ticket price rises in 11 seasons?

Not once. Let me repeat that again for you. Not once!!!!

And the 11th price increase was only frozen due to the backlash from the PSG ticket price.

Otherwise it would have been 11 season ticket price increases.

Aided by block, and row price increases. And other merchandise, food and drink price increases, season upon season.

City fans aren't cash cows.

Does

your

iPad

have

a

broken

spacebar?

But 80% of last seasons profit, with Sterling Jesus KDB all wanting / getting large increases I bet we still wont make big profits this year.
Maybe not, but will £800,000 really make the difference!
The club is going to lose much more than that with supporters out of principle, dropping platinum, boycotting cup schemes, and boycotting certain competitions (like myself)
The season after next, we're supposed to be in for a windfall because of a new kit deal, estimated at a further £30-40 million increase. So does £800,000 now make any sense?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.