Are You Doing Anything To Protest About The Latest Season Ticket Price Increase?

In a Week when we should be looking forward to the Huddersfield match and the players lifting the Premier League trophy, we are once again discussing and falling out over another season ticket price increase. The 10th season ticket price increase in 11 seasons.

And I know by starting this thread I will get slaughtered and ridiculed by a % of BM forum members. Tin hat on. :-)

But like many City fans I'm sick and tired of these annual season ticket price increases, while many other PL clubs have either frozen their season ticket prices or in some cases reduced their season ticket prices.(not that I expect City to go that far)

So, as they say, actions speak louder than words.

So I've decided to drop the Carabao Cup and FA Cup schemes next season . Obviously much depends on the draw for both competitions, but it's safe to say City will lose more than 3% or £20 next season.

The only way City will listen to me and other City fans is via our wallets.

That's it.(cue the abuse)

In the current social and economic climate i think you will be one of the few protesting on any level. Train prices always rise and i still see the same rickety carriages and rotten stinking toilets for example. When you look at it like that then City are one of the few companies in any industry to have really delivered. So often promises are made and broken, usually costing the end user. The club i think will be viewed as delivering and then some more on top. Very very few will be of your mindset i think bud so any protest vote simply will go unnoticed. I would imagine your cl ticket to be snapped up before the ink is dry on your cancellation.

In fact i dare say the speed of which any dropped season tickets/packages get re-sold will show those in charge that their product is very desirable and the prices are right hence stuff selling like hot cakes.

Why would they have said that? They are gods but they can't predict anything 10 years down the line.

My morning coffee keeps going up as well, but I enjoy it and therefore keep drinking it.

There are things I used to be able to afford and now I can't. I don't boycott them.

Personally I don't think anyone would mind the increases if they felt the board understood the fans a bit more. Just my view. Maybe it is all about the cost

So when numerous City fans have dropped platinum, dropped all Cup schemes, moved to cheaper seats, etc, what do you class that as, a choice or a boycott? Or both?

So is what I'm doing any different?

I bet some of those slagging me off have done those things I have mentioned.

But know dount they are being prudent, watching their money, etc.

Why pay £700 for a seat when you can get one for £299?

Maybe not, but will £800,000 really make the difference!
The club is going to lose much more than that with supporters out of principle, dropping platinum, boycotting cup schemes, and boycotting certain competitions (like myself)
The season after next, we're supposed to be in for a windfall because of a new kit deal, estimated at a further £30-40 million increase. So does £800,000 now make any sense?
To the board it obviously does make sense or do you think they just thought this'll be a laugh lets piss off fans and watch a bluemoon meltdown, or do you think they thought they had sound reasons for it.

Don't forget to give up platinum ;-)

It's my only vice.

Until Pep goes and I can no longer get an away ticket or walk, platinum stays.

But by my reckoning, it will be free next season. ;-)

I ditched Platinum a while ago. Stopped buying a programme next. Last season I came off all the cup schemes but I did go to some cup games - Wolves & Bristol City in the League Cup, Burnley in the FA Cup & Liverpool in the CL. That cost me £85 in all, more with parking/tram.

Next season I have vowed that I will not do any cup games, however much it might hurt. When they start seeing masses of empty seats despite pricing games at £15, it might start to dawn on them that we can't be taken for granted.

To the board it obviously does make sense or do you think they just thought this'll be a laugh lets piss off fans and watch a bluemoon meltdown, or do you think they thought they had sound reasons for it.
I think it was said in the other thread that corporate has been a failure, so whoever is targeted with ticket revenue has implemented this increase, so it's the ordinary supporters who are paying for corporate failure
It's 0.016% of total revenue, so totally unjustifiable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.