Are You Doing Anything To Protest About The Latest Season Ticket Price Increase?

So when numerous City fans have dropped platinum, dropped all Cup schemes, moved to cheaper seats, etc, what do you class that as, a choice or a boycott? Or both?

So is what I'm doing any different?

I bet some of those slagging me off have done those things I have mentioned.

But know dount they are being prudent, watching their money, etc.

Why pay £700 for a seat when I can get one for £299?
For the same reason people choose to pay to select a seat on a plane. Choice.

The Champions League and League Cup Schemes are both going. Midweek games are often irksome but have become more difficult due to a recent move. I think I’d have let Europe go nevertheless as the competition is flawed. The matches are rarely enjoyable. I’ll also only buy a home shirt each season now as opposed to two or three of the jerseys. Ditto tracksuit tops, polo shirts or suchlike. The merchandise is poor quality.

I’m slowly but surely winding my active support down. At 38, I barely know anyone my own age who attends. The atmosphere is bollocks with the average fan inside. Service inside the stadium is abhorrent (are we paying these morons a wage ****byn would approve of?) Not to mention awful security, pointless searches, television dominance and numerous other gripes.

It’s not our game anymore.

I'm pissed but won't do any protesting at the game But my form of protest will be to drop all cups schemes.

In a Week when we should be looking forward to the Huddersfield match and the players lifting the Premier League trophy, we are once again discussing and falling out over another season ticket price increase. The 10th season ticket price increase in 11 seasons.

And I know by starting this thread I will get slaughtered and ridiculed by a % of BM forum members. Tin hat on. :-)

But like many City fans I'm sick and tired of these annual season ticket price increases, while many other PL clubs have either frozen their season ticket prices or in some cases reduced their season ticket prices.(not that I expect City to go that far)

So, as they say, actions speak louder than words.

So I've decided to drop the Carabao Cup and FA Cup schemes next season . Obviously much depends on the draw for both competitions, but it's safe to say City will lose more than 3% or £20 next season.

The only way City will listen to me and other City fans is via our wallets.

That's it.(cue the abuse)

They have increased my Season Ticket by 53p per game. I am distraught to the point that after 59 years supporting City (43 years Season Ticket) I am thinking I might as well pack it in and go watching FC United of M/C. P.S. I don't think I am the only one being an attention seeker here? ;-D

Current inflation rate in the U.K. is 3.10%. Beer has gone up over 3% as have many things. I’ve not stopped drinking beer and I won’t be stopping city. After 30+ years, i didn’t think it could get any better than 2012. Then came 2014 and 100+ goals. But this I’m watching now is quite extraordinary and, although I’d obviously love to go in for free, I’ll more than happily pay inflation for next season, especially if I’m watching anything close to what I’ve been watching this season. Imagine giving it up now!!

That's fine. No arguments there.

But what happens when Pep goes!
The next Manager comes in.
The football isn't as good.
We're not winning matches or cups.
Then another season ticket price rise comes in.
Etc.

I appreciate it's all relative. Pep is making golden hay, ATM.

City are reaping his harvest.

But after every Summer comes an Autumn and Winter.

Cast you mind back to Staurt Pearce.

He wiped 4000 City fans off the attendance the following season.

At best we're a fickle bunch, with a solid working class hardcore.

Those fans will stay, but those who are paying for the privilege of see Pep's winning team now, will disappear in the future.

We need to keep those fans post Pep.

Increasing season ticket and matchday ticket prices continually isn't going to do that.

We need to build up our future fan base, not price it out.

That's all.

I’ll keep my season ticket but I’ll give up the Champions League games. Apart from the Liverpool game, the atmospheres tend to be shit primarily because it’s filled with tourists who don’t give a fuck about City kinda like the person responsible for the 10 out of 11 year increases. It’s also a corrupt competition and that Lahoz **** makes my blood boil.

They have increased my Season Ticket by 53p per game. I am distraught to the point that after 59 years supporting City (43 years Season Ticket) I am thinking I might as well pack it in and go watching FC United of M/C. P.S. I don't think I am the only one being an attention seeker here? ;-D

I don't have a problem with that. 53p X 19 games X 11 seasons.

How did you do that?

PM me please.

If anyone wants me to pass on Berryblue's reply, PM me.

Last edited:
Nope.
Mine has gone up a tenner to £310.
£17 per game to watch the best team in the land...
What’s not to like?

You are a £299 mover?

A limited mover.

An £11 rise.

Thruthfully.

Do City really need an extra £11 of your money?

I appreciate you don't mind paying it. I get that.

£299 for this season, would have felt a little bit better.

The cherry on top of the PL title cake.

An all round feel good factor.

The club, Pep, and the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.