Are you proud to be a Manc?

I’m proud of where I’m from, Eccles of course, but if asked, when abroad, am also ok with saying Manchester as, unfortunately Salford is not really known as a City very widely!
So I guess 5he short answer is yes.
You are so brave living surrounded by rags.

Born in Crumsall hospital and lived in Newton Heath for 43 years. Lived in Glastonbury for the last 2 years. I am currently trying to make sense of my relationship with Manchester.
I am a Manc, born and bred, by every measure and I am happy with the character traits it has given me.
After seeing all the dickheads on the news, attacking the asylum seekers, in Newton Heath, it did not make me feel proud to be a Manc.

Born in Crumsall hospital and lived in Newton Heath for 43 years. Lived in Glastonbury for the last 2 years. I am currently trying to make sense of my relationship with Manchester.
I am a Manc, born and bred, by every measure and I am happy with the character traits it has given me.
After seeing all the dickheads on the news, attacking the asylum seekers, in Newton Heath, it did not make me feel proud to be a Manc.
a few nobheads are not all Mancs

Born in 1959 at Beech Mount, Harpurhey. Early years in Newton Heath until age 9, then moved to Hollinwood. In 1969 parents split and we moved with Mum to Sholver until 1980 when we moved to Chadderton. I’ve since lived in Eastburn(between Keighley & Skipton), Uppingham (Rutland), Moorside (Oldham) and now Royton. Proud I’m a Manc and proud of the team I support.

Born in Crumpsall Hospital and lived in that area as a child.
I'll always be a Manc.

Born in Crumpsall Hospital and lived in that area as a child.
I'll always be a Manc.

I was born in Crumpsall Hospital too. Lived on Crumpsall Lane until I was 7, when we moved to Wilmslow. Lived in Cheshire for 20 odd years and then moved to the Thames Valley due to a company relocation.

Once a Manc...

Both my Mum & Dad were Mid Cheshire people, but during pregnancy with yours truly they thought it best to have Mum in Manchester St Marys Hospital on/off Oxford Road.
Although raised in Mid Cheshire I am delighted to be called a "true Mancunian" being born on 01/01/1951 a very easy date to remember.
Well with a surname of Oakes it makes being a Blue even better, knowing my "roots".
Proud to be Blue but even prouder to be a Manc.

100% proud Manc here. My dad is from Newcastle, Mum from Dorset and my brother and sister were born in Workington just before they moved to Moston where I was born. I grew up in Wythenshawe and have lived in Swinton, Whalley Range and Salford since the mid 90s.
I've got the thick Manc accent, love CITY and grew up in the 80s with all the brilliant Manchester music. I don't envy anyone from anywhere else in the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.