Are you proud to be a Manc?

Irish Manc born in Gorton 1963 but not particularly a pride thing. For sure my roots have a place in my story but I left Manchester at 18 and never moved back. Kept my season ticket at Maine Road and then continued at the Etihad until I moved to Scotland in 2012.

I’m proud of where I’m from, Eccles of course, but if asked, when abroad, am also ok with saying Manchester as, unfortunately Salford is not really known as a City very widely!
So I guess 5he short answer is yes.
Some memories for you, Eccles..

Was just a place I was born and enjoyed growing up in.
Then got to see the world is a big place with plenty to see and do so left.
Still like visiting from time to time but mainly because of friends and family and not because of the actual place.

I’m a Cheshire lad and proud of it, didn’t ask to be swallowed up by that horribly named Trafford Council.

Love Manchester and its people great intimate City that is easy to walk about in.

It's a funny question, times have changed Manchester in my opinion, I was born in crumpsall and brought up in crumpsall/harpurhey, people seemed more genuine mancs then, nowadays it's all a bit put on, all this looks at me I'm a manc Liam Gallagher bullshit is plastic as fuck but it sells, you have folk going on about the hacienda and all that,it closed down nearly 30 years ago, don't get me wrong it was a good night out and I was there 2 or 3 times a week but it was just a club not a fucking way of life, same with city, so many gobshites jumping on the Manc bandwagon with city as well.
Try living and working in Manchester and tell me yer proud of it, most of the time it's like Sodom and Gomorrah. Maybe I'm getting old but this new Manchester ain't nothing like the old one

I left 44 years ago when I was 17 and only go ever back for football and visiting my mum.The only real I have left with Manchester is City, I am proud of that though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.