Are you proud to be a Manc?

Absolutely proud to call myself a Manc. Born in Moston, lived half my life in New Moston until I moved to Rossendale. Whenever anyone asks where I'm from the answer is always Manchester. The next question as we all know will be who do you support and the default answer is "the only team that are from Manchester and they play in Blue".

Am I a manc ?

Born in 1960 and lived just in didsbury, just across the road from Fog Lane. We left when I was 5. Dad worked at Fairy Aviation, mum at the Cake Box on Fog Lane.

I still class myself a manc. People in Kent say I'm a kentish man, something I strongly disagree with.

I become more proud of be a manc on a daily basis, it's my roots, my dad's roots, my grandads roots my great grandads roots.

As RadcliffeRic says I hate that the team from Trafford use our name. I seem to spend my life explaining to the plastic rags around here, that they aren't from Manchester.
you sure they are saying kentish ;)

Parents from collyhurst and ancoats they moved to Langley in the late 60s where I was born, apart from a glorious 10 year stint in the Royal Navy and a disastrous 3 years in Blackpool courtesy of my first (practice) wife always been a Manchester lad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.