Army.

Lucas North said:
All this Trade bollocks is for REMFS.

When you join the Army you are a Soldier first and foremost.

The real respect and satisfaction comes from Soldiering at the highest professional level to which you are capable, with your Unit under operational conditions.

What a load of fucking bollocks. As an Engineer, you are a Soldier first, a combat engineer second and then a tradesman third. 3 separate roles

It takes a vast number of roles to be fully functional in the field - right down to slop jockies who keep everybody fed. When you do come under enemy fire and you call in a contact report, some scaleyback with a trade has kept that radio operational in shit conditions, and when you do climb aboard a vehicle, some mechanic with a trade has kept that vehicle on the road. The list is endless, if you took the time to have a look around and see the bigger picture.

Oh, plus the additional pay of course that you get for having that trade in the first place ;-)

Kippaxian said:
Lucas North said:
All this Trade bollocks is for REMFS.

When you join the Army you are a Soldier first and foremost.

The real respect and satisfaction comes from Soldiering at the highest professional level to which you are capable, with your Unit under operational conditions.

What a load of fucking bollocks. As an Engineer, you are a Soldier first, a combat engineer second and then a tradesman third. 3 separate roles

It takes a vast number of roles to be fully functional in the field - right down to slop jockies who keep everybody fed. When you do come under enemy fire and you call in a contact report, some scaleyback with a trade has kept that radio operational in shit conditions, and when you do climb aboard a vehicle, some mechanic with a trade has kept that vehicle on the road. The list is endless, if you took the time to have a look around and see the bigger picture.

Oh, plus the additional pay of course that you get for having that trade in the first place ;-)

59 and 9 Sqn are OK, the rest of the RE are fat craphat remfs.

Lucas North said:
dozmin said:
when you join up you can ask for a taster to see what it is like and whether you will like it ..... so that maybe an idea to do if your unsure.

We are talking about the British Army here not some fuzzy, touchy feely social work type organisation.

amd so am I, as I know my 21 year old boyfriend and father to my son is on the list to go back in after having to come out due to injury... it was an idea for the person who posted this whole thread to help him out!, it happens in oldham so will happen in manchester i would imagine.

No doubt it can be a good thing, if you get the timing right....

But if you join at the moment chances are you'll end taking part in an unjustified occupation of another country, and risking your life for nothing by bein a target for folk who have seen members of their innocent families blown to bits..

mate ,dont talk about it,just do it....!!
im ex infantry ,24 years service,an while i agree with lucas about remfs,i wouldnt put the engineers or the reme in that class,in a battlegroup you will work with all arms in a composite fighting unit..everyone has a job to do,its just that the infantry do it the best!!!
then again you will struggle to get a trade in the combat regiments,so be aware when you finally leave the mob,you will be useless in civvy st,not a big call for small arms instuctors,drill instructors,nbc etc etc...

whatever you decide,ensure you think it through,you cant go in half cocked,get your head right and get fit,otherwise you will fail!!!!

there are some great times waiting,an there are some shite times too,its not all women an wine,(though mostly...it is haha)

once you have done it,you will never ever be a civvy again,now thats gotta be a good thing eh????

RobinJo said:
Wheres the local advice centre place?

You've already failed. Wouldn't like to be on a mission with you! (:

I'm currently pushing my body in order to get in either the RAF Regiment or Marines. Hoping to gain a commission for either, although the RAF Reg seem more interested at this stage - unsure whether this is a positive or a negative.

Anyone in the TA here thinking of joining anyone one know of any good units around manchester live in Leigh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.