Army.

topdogger said:
Anyone in the TA here thinking of joining anyone one know of any good units around manchester live in Leigh.

http://www.army.mod.uk/structure/143.aspx

Click on the ''TA in your area'' link ,bottom right.

To one of the previous posters, if you want to swan around base-camps ,posing in a WMIK , wearing designer sunglasses and stagging on at the maingate then the RAF Regt is for you.

If you want to be out in the field soldiering properly with the bigboys in a Battlegroup then its the Army.

Join..

Whether that be the Army or any of the others.

Dont take any notice of the fools going on about remfs and which corps/regt is the best. Its a load of bollocks. Have a look at as much as you can and decide which is best for you.

I dont ever remember an IED or mortar not exploding or changing direction because it had hit a target that wasnt infantry or army for that matter.....

Don't think my joints would handle the para training i'm a big fella so would prob not even manage the prep work I would have to do before start of training.
Anyone had any direct experience of the units in manchester area I know how to find them just impossible to tell if they are any good.

What does remfs stand for? It sounds like something an infantry soldier would say to someone who dared to get a trade also, earn more money and be able to get a job when they left.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
What does remfs stand for? It sounds like something an infantry soldier would say to someone who dared to get a trade also, earn more money and be able to get a job when they left.

It stands for Rear ended Mother f*ckers and is exactly what you say it is.Squaddies who are too dumb to do anything but run around screaming and getting shot at.Some idiots on here who dont know what the spirit of the British army is at all and think you'ARRRRD' just because your in with the 'big boys'..ha ha that made me laugh.My old Reme PT instructor was the hardest bastard in the army.Army Aikido champion and was in the Falklands with the Para`s..really clever bloke but such a mean bastard in PT.He was a Vehicle technician.Top bloke,kick ten tons of shite out of most infantry fodder and was REME!!!

REMF's is actually Rear Echelon Mother-Fuckers....its well behind the front-lines ,where all the war-dodgers hang-out .

REME is Royal Engineers Made Easy and thats saying something.

The fact of the matter is that it is impossible to win any conflict without all three branches of the Armed Forces. The more clued up of our Service people understand this & most of the inter-Service slagging off is just banter. Those who don't are frankly a bit dim :-)

To the OP, what have you got to lose? You don't need to sign up for that long so if it's not to your liking you can bang out in a few years. If you do like it, it can be one hell of an experience. If you want to think about your future after leaving then of course it is best to get a trade. The Services are now fully signed up to IIP so most qualifications you get are civvy recognised. Throughout your career (& indeed after you have left) you are entitled to thousands of pounds towards civvy qualifications too.

I have never regretted joining up.

Edit - I have had to slum it occasionally too. During Gulf War 2 I had to stay in a 4 Star hotel rather than my usual 5+ Star. It was hell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.