'arry admits it

THFC6061 said:
This season's UEFA Champions League participation is estimated to bring-in an extra £40 million in revenues for Spurs.

The lion's share of our income these days comes from TV and broadcasting rights with actual ticket revenues only accounting for around 25% of our gross income.

An increase in our seating capacity from 36,000 to 60,000 would obviously make a big difference to our revenues, as it also affect other income sources such as merchandising (most sales are made on a matchday).

Tottenham's business plan has proved to be very successful, as we are one of the very few top European clubs who regularly post a profit from our football operations.

The key to this is keeping our player's wages in check - Spurs currently pay around the Premier League average.

In fact, the last available figures show Spurs' wages at 52.3% of our turnover.

By contrast, Manchester City pay 94.4% of their turnover on their player's wages...

So you think season ticket prices that are twice the amount of ours are a good thing?

I know that, as a fan, I would rather have the Sheik pick up the majority of the tab and have reasonable ticket prices.

Just a thought, but you go enjoy your expensive tickets and the fact it makes your business plan work.

Re: Redknaap talks shit

simon23 said:
its between us and spurs for 4th place.

and we have a harder run in than spurs....before we play them we have to play liverpool (who are suddenly looking a lot better) and chelski away with sunderland at home

spurs have wigan westham and stoke....

we are 5 pts in front of spurs but they have a game in hand......

it could be very very close by the time they come to Coms
the only real advantage is that we have a far superior goal difference to them

we need to win at least one of those away games but we are looking very very tired and it was a laboured performance against wigan especially in the second half.

we need a bit of luck and hopefully spurs will slip up against one of their opponents (maybe stoke??)

they will beat wigan and westham

Not so sure if they will beat West Ham. They look pretty good with Hitzlsperger and Demba Ba to be honest.

Well it's simply a case of supply and demand.

There are far more people who want to see Spurs play than there are seats available - hence the relatively high prices charged.

If we were able to have a stadium with the extra 15,000 to 20,000 seats we desperately need, I think the prices would come down a little or at least remain stable.

In the absence of a rich Arab Sugar-Daddy who is willing to pump hundreds of millions of pounds into the club, without any regard for the financial viability of the business, I can't see that there's a lot more Spurs can do.

THFC6061 said:

There are far more people who want to see Spurs play than there are seats available - hence the relatively high prices charged.

If we were able to have a stadium with the extra 15,000 to 20,000 seats we desperately need, I think the prices would come down a little or at least remain stable.

In the absence of a rich Arab Sugar-Daddy who is willing to pump hundreds of millions of pounds into the club, without any regard for the financial viability of the business, I can't see that there's a lot more Spurs can do.

A tad bitter then? ;-)

You do in fact have a Billionaire owner who HAS pumped many millions into your club, and did so before City were as fortunate.

The problem for Spurs is simple, he wont pay for the stadium and told Levy that 18 months ago when the real price of WHL2 was realised.

( http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...s-billionaire-Joe-Lewis-is-500m-casualty.html )

Because Spurs now have to finance the stadium from revenues generated its all gone pete tong! The big for 2012 was the act of a desperate club chairman who now realises that being one of the 'big boys' means more than having a waiting list for season tickets.

fbloke said:
THFC6061 said:

A tad bitter then? ;-)

You do in fact have a Billionaire owner who HAS pumped many millions into your club, and did so before City were as fortunate.

The problem for Spurs is simple, he wont pay for the stadium and told Levy that 18 months ago when the real price of WHL2 was realised.

( http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...s-billionaire-Joe-Lewis-is-500m-casualty.html )

THIS.

I'm so tired of Spurs fans talking as if we're the only one with a billionaire owner.

Spurs since the beginning of the premier league: 3rd highest spender on transfers.

Spurs since the beginning of the premier league: 3rd highest spender on transfers.

Perhaps, but how much have Spurs received from players sold-on?

Our net spend on transfers during the Premier League Era is £175.5 million.

Our current playing squad cost £208.3 million to assemble.

Which means we've made quite a healthy profit on player trading during the 19 seasons of the Premier League.

And then there's the fact that Spurs spend considerably less on player's wages than almost all of their rivals.

A tad bitter then? ;-)

No, not bitter at all, just pointing-out one or two home truths.

Joe Lewis, who is indeed a billionaire and the owner of ENIC / Tottenham Hotspur, hasn't pumped "many millions" into the club - Spurs regularly post annual profits from their football operations and are one of the very few top clubs in Europe to do so.

Wasnt moaning about player wages was he when he was tapping up our players when Portsmouth Manager and offering them salaries we couldnt match (Andy Cole to name one)

THFC6061 said:

Perhaps, but how much have Spurs received from players sold-on?

Our net spend on transfers during the Premier League Era is £175.5 million.

Our current playing squad cost £208.3 million to assemble.

Which means we've made quite a healthy profit on player trading during the 19 seasons of the Premier League.

And then there's the fact that Spurs spend considerably less on player's wages than almost all of their rivals.

Looking at that link that you posted, you would actually be in the negative in net transfers by selling-on if you take out the one big sale of Dimitar Berbatov. So to suggest that it is "the norm" of you to be profiting by selling-on is a little misleading.

I actually like spurs more than most on here (one of my best friends is a big spurs fan) but i refuse to buy into the whole "poor us, we can't make transfers because we don't have any money" line of thought when only us and chelsea have spent more than you in recent years.

Yes, Spurs made a profit of around £20 million from the Berbatov transfer but there are dozens of players who have come and gone at White Hart Lane who we've sold-on for a profit which don't make the headlines.

The point I was trying to make is that it is futile to qoute how much we've spent on player's incoming transfers without taking into account the cash generated from players who have been sold-on.

Generally speaking, Spurs have been very astute in their player transfer dealings during the Premier League Era.

Re: Redknaap talks shit

malg said:
I agree with him. We have some real tough games coming up, and I hope to God we're not sitting here in a couple of months time saying 'those draws at home have cost us a CL place'.

Unfortunately 'those draws at home' HAVE cost us a CL place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.