Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

Jack and Erling worry me, Erling seems to have been off it for a while.

Cole Palmer, take a bow son, that deserved to be a winner.

Tarquins can celebrate all they like, but come next May they'll have won fuck all again, and we won't have.

Well where we were in block 125 it wasn’t all kids?
The guy with the Liverpool bag he wasn’t a kid
Neither was the bloke in a Galatasaray shirt :/

I don’t think it was all cba
The boycott
The cost of it all
Yeh some cba also

It was poor, and the atmosphere is a big deal it’s what I’ve always gone for. My lads 14 now and it’s what he loves about City.

We sold 4 tickets per season ticket holder and member, why?, because the club knew 30000 season ticket holders would swerve it, the fact that City had on excess of 35000 people down there for a glorified kick about is testament to how the club is growing, I saw thousands of kids in City shirts, everyone has to start somewhere, yes the atmosphere was woeful, but hardly defining

Ok - just back....and what an utterly horrific experience - I should have joined the boycott (even though I did make a donation to the food bank).

So...forget the game - it is what it is, utterly irrelevant. I want to vent about those around me. I was in 228 (posh level 2) and I promise you (and I can share photos) other than a couple of great vocal Blues behind me - there wasn't a real fan in sight.

I love the fact we get global support now and would rather our friends in Asia and Middle East supported City, but this afternoon I had a vision of what our great game is going to become if we don't do something about it. There was not a single sustained chant or song from the City end all game. Around me the half and half scarf wearers had no idea what was happening and an entire group in front of me appeared to be supporting Arsenal and City! I had to ask them to put away their iPhones so I could see the pitch. But these are the fans the FA, UEFA and maybe even some at City want. They spend loads, all carrying bags of tat, get up and down throughout the game for food and drink, post clips of the game on instagram so the folks back home can see what 'real' fans they are.

I saw both Kevin and Kyle trying to get the City end to make a sound, a just really hope the players were told about the boycott and why so many of our real fans were not there.

On the one hand its great that the kids and tourists get a day out - and its such an irrelevant game - but that's it for me - never again will I attend the Community Shield.

(Final observation - there appears to now be a group of blackshirted Arsenal 'Ultras' - who all sat together and one of them, topless obviously, directed their chanting - fucking embarrassing...)
I saw one guy on TV sat down after our goal just seemed to be sunbathing with his shades on, he literally didn't move.

Attacking wise, I think we're still short of numbers
I think defeat is a good focus call for us and good reminder last season is behind us. Also focuses the management to get any additional players in as quickly as possible. Had Foden/and or Rhodri scored I think we would have strolled it. Sometimes you have to lose the smaller battles to win the wars.

Why, what makes you think we will suddenly play better on Friday? Burnley back in training for a month a lot fitter. Lack of creativity, Haaland starved of service. Blinkered.
i'll fuckin tell you why barney, we've won 3 league titles back to back and a treble and lost 3 carity shields in a row, these games mean fuck all, give me even money and i'll have £500 with you that we win!

Tarquins can celebrate all they like, but come next May they'll have won fuck all again, and we won't have.
How won’t we have though, if ‘Erling has been off a while’?

I honestly don’t see what’s wrong with that? They hadn’t beat us in about 14 games prior to today. Of course it will be a psychological boost to arsenal. So much of elite sport is won inside the head and any boost no matter how small will be used by any half decent manager,
Nothing wrong with it at all. But their reaction was a touch small-time, desperate, somewhat disproportionate to the occasion and lacking perspective.

We sold 4 tickets per season ticket holder and member, why?, because the club knew 30000 season ticket holders would swerve it, the fact that City had on excess of 35000 people down there for a glorified kick about is testament to how the club is growing, I saw thousands of kids in City shirts, everyone has to start somewhere, yes the atmosphere was woeful, but hardly defining
I’m not on about kids here I agree with you 100% on that one
Bonus is Wembley have a few pints wasted today that’s for sure!

Parade tonight in North London. You'd think they'd won the league with that over exuberant celebrating.
Let's get it right, they only got invited to play in this as they came second in the league.
I thought we looked sharp considering pep said we was two games and a couple of weeks behind in preparation, we lasted the distance but got suckerpunched at the last.
No biggie, roll on next week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.