Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

We look hard to beat (unless its a penalty shoot) . That's why I was relieved our FA Cup & Champions League Finals didn't go that far.
The lack of creativity and movement up front is worrying. We have a generational goal machine in Haaland but only an ageing knackered Kev knows how to operate it.

Ok - just back....and what an utterly horrific experience - I should have joined the boycott (even though I did make a donation to the food bank).

So...forget the game - it is what it is, utterly irrelevant. I want to vent about those around me. I was in 228 (posh level 2) and I promise you (and I can share photos) other than a couple of great vocal Blues behind me - there wasn't a real fan in sight.

I love the fact we get global support now and would rather our friends in Asia and Middle East supported City, but this afternoon I had a vision of what our great game is going to become if we don't do something about it. There was not a single sustained chant or song from the City end all game. Around me the half and half scarf wearers had no idea what was happening and an entire group in front of me appeared to be supporting Arsenal and City! I had to ask them to put away their iPhones so I could see the pitch. But these are the fans the FA, UEFA and maybe even some at City want. They spend loads, all carrying bags of tat, get up and down throughout the game for food and drink, post clips of the game on instagram so the folks back home can see what 'real' fans they are.

I saw both Kevin and Kyle trying to get the City end to make a sound, a just really hope the players were told about the boycott and why so many of our real fans were not there.

On the one hand its great that the kids and tourists get a day out - and its such an irrelevant game - but that's it for me - never again will I attend the Community Shield.

(Final observation - there appears to now be a group of blackshirted Arsenal 'Ultras' - who all sat together and one of them, topless obviously, directed their chanting - fucking embarrassing...)

did anyone think we win the shootout? I was like dead certain we wont, hoped Ortega saves 1-2, but was sure we gonna miss 2-3. we missed way too many in the league last few years too.
Ederson never saves any either, maybe something to practice for the future.
Nope.

Watched it at work and predicted we'd lose it 4-2.

We cannot take penalties. It's our biggest weakness. Which isn't too much to worry about compared to other teams.

The result lures Arteta in to a false sense of form. Shows how despite is when he celebrated like he won the league. Our team are probably still jet lagged from the tour.

We haven't won this fucking trophy in ages and it has turned out okay. Just irritating to lose because it apparently meant so much to the Arse to win it. But irritating in the way a fly is that won't go out the window; you know eventually the fly will end up either dead on the sill or out in the wind and the rain.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.