Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

They could be arsed to get there, that's the main thing.
Maybe they haven't been shelling out for CL, FA Cup final and Semi!! They cost a fortune for people who decided, rightly or wrongly, that the Charity Shield, or whatever name it is this year was a game too far?

Let the JCLs have their turn, but our 'legacy' or whatever you want to call us have not got bottomless purses. :-) JMHO and my two 'pennorth.

Didn’t think Kovocic sat next to Rodri helped in the creative side to the game, it all seemed to be two touch stuff not really troubling Arsenal in the final third. City looked a lot better when Foden and De Bruyne came on. Get the troops in this week and prepare for Friday, looking at the teams in the top six I’m not sure if City are in the mix for the league title where the challenge will come from, there’s a lot of questions over all their credentials.

Disappointed to lose such a late goal.
Ortega was very good during the game then gets nowhere near any of their pens.
Jack was off the pace whilst Phil looked on it. Him & Erling finished last season in poor form & still look a bit off the pace. Phil needs to start the next game..
Good from Kova.
Embarrassing celebrations for Arsenal in the end, did they even have a shot at our goal in the 2nd half on target?
Bigger fish to fry quite frankly in the weeks and months ahead.

Reactions: tom
i dont really understand the reaction of some City fans on here to the way Arsenal celebrated and are talking up their chances. Theyre an inferior set up and not as good a team, of course they're going to celebrate winning against the Champions of Europe and, well, winning anything at all let's be honest.

so what they run and jump about a bit, so what some of their players want to be a bit bullish, i dont really see how would be any other way. Telling people how to celebrate seems a bit.....United of old actually. Just ignore them and let the season do the talking.

As it is, City were ok but a bit passive. They'll have to learn quickly about seeing out looong periods of the game from 85 onwards now, sitting deep and hoofing is not going to do the job at all. I think we look light on the right. Couple of players yet to wake up. Arse will probably contend again, for at least a third of the season anyway :D

oh last thing; the new yellow cards rule for kicking the ball away is very welcome by me. Penalised players have no business touching the ball after the whistle, pisses me off when they knock it away. Hope it sticks (it wont).
Agree with most of what you say. Too many blues are far too precious.

Re the yellow cards… i watch in a bar in greece and known intellect jason mcateer was a pundit.

He said that if this continues therell be 3/4 red cards a game.
Well yeah, thats the point you fuckin moron. Stamp out such shit like poking a ball away to stop a quick free kick.

But as we all know , the refs/prem wont continue with it all, just like holding at corners soon stopped.

As an aside, when stones headed over from a corner, the replay showed that weirdo white with both arms totally wrapped around haaland . Thats s much bigger crime that needs stamping out

Disappointed to lose such a late goal.
Ortega was very good during the game then gets nowhere near any of their pens.
Jack was off the pace whilst Phil looked on it. Him & Erling finished last season in poor form & still look a bit off the pace. Phil needs to start the next game..
Good from Kova.
Embarrassing celebrations for Arsenal in the end, did they even have a shot at our goal in the 2nd half on target?
Bigger fish to fry quite frankly in the weeks and months ahead.
I thought Ortega's distribution was way off the levels of Ederson. Many times he chose the wrong options e.g Walker in acres of space but chose to lump it forward down the other side which resulted in losing possession. Did very well on the saving side though, until the pens

I thought Ortega's distribution was way off the levels of Ederson. Many times he chose the wrong options e.g Walker in acres of space but chose to lump it forward down the other side which resulted in losing possession. Did very well on the saving side though, until the pens
Of course it was ,nobody is amywhere near Ederson, but Ortegas is still very good and better than most.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.