Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

Looking back I didn’t realise that we have let go of 2 of our top 3 best penalty takers and Haaland was subbed off. Best get practising, I knew we were going to lose penalties as soon as Rodri stood up to take his.

I was thinking that. Haaland, Mahrez and Gundo probably would have been our first 3 takers with KDB, Rodri, Alvarez, Bernardo in the next group as needed. But in the end it's water under the bridge. I expect the "boost" given to Arsenal by the "victory" to be as good as the one Liverpool got last year!!

If you get people in just for the sake of it in a hurry who normally end up with sub optimal recruits. World class is not available on tap patience is a necessity.
I am sure we will see at least one more signing a replacement for Mahrez before the window shuts others may arrive if we have more exits. I would argue that keeping Walker and Bernardo is the most important objective currently.
The manager will decide if a LB is required or not and I am at this stage prepared to settle for what he wants. I agree that a lack of width and indeed creativity have been a trend this pre season and clearly it might damage us should it continue into the start of the league.
City rarely act out of panic. However we were twice forced to act late in last summer's window which saw Gomez & Akanji arrive.

We'll have a rolling list of possible recruits, but whether the ones we want are available & affordable is another matter.

Many of us didn't value Mahrez, but he's left a huge hole in our squad which we'll struggle to fill imho...

I'm seriously uncomfortable with our lack of high quality width at the back & front going forward. \0/

How can people start picking holes out of the team when clearly it's a friendly game, truth be told we did not really want to play a top 4 team on their doorstep because we had to give the players a couple more weeks after the treble winning season,

June the 10th then a couple of weeks for the international games so the players would have no time off really because of a late finish to the season, We had just come back from a pre-season tournament again not what the players would have wanted, We could not play a youth side because we were promoting the club so had to have the big hitters,

I said we were 2 weeks behind the rest but it's more like 4 weeks if you add the late finish and the pre-season tour,
Pep even said we could not train much because of the weather and the heat and only had 3 days fully back in training when we got back from the tour,

I hate saying it but it's not the same for everybody else and the top 6 clubs and the rest of the teams will have the advantage on us fitness-wise early season, but we have to take it and maybe in the run at the end of the season we will be flying

How can people start picking holes out of the team when clearly it's a friendly game, truth be told we did not really want to play a top 4 team on their doorstep because we had to give the players a couple more weeks after the treble winning season,

June the 10th then a couple of weeks for the international games so the players would have no time off really because of a late finish to the season, We had just come back from a pre-season tournament again not what the players would have wanted, We could not play a youth side because we were promoting the club so had to have the big hitters,

I said we were 2 weeks behind the rest but it's more like 4 weeks if you add the late finish and the pre-season tour,
Pep even said we could not train much because of the weather and the heat and only had 3 days fully back in training when we got back from the tour,

I hate saying it but it's not the same for everybody else and the top 6 clubs and the rest of the teams will have the advantage on us fitness-wise early season, but we have to take it and maybe in the run at the end of the season we will be flying
It’s more of an exhibition final than a friendly.

darwin_nunez_liverpool_2022-23-2-jpeg.89190

screenshot_20230807-065416-3-png.89191

They never learn.

I h ate that cheerleading shite players do. If you have to ask your fans to cheer for you, your fans are shit.

Seen a video of some gooner twat moaning about our fans, leaving early, not selling out etc etc.
Fuck me the gooners could walk to Wembley in 10 minutes. Fans arent made of money, it's a pre season friendly when City arent ready for.
If the gooners are in the charity shield next year perhaps move it to Newcastle that's see how many travel than

Seen a video of some gooner twat moaning about our fans, leaving early, not selling out etc etc.
Fuck me the gooners could walk to Wembley in 10 minutes. Fans arent made of money, it's a pre season friendly when City arent ready for.
If the gooners are in the charity shield next year perhaps move it to Newcastle that's see how many travel than
Our fans also had to fork out for FA Cup and UCL final tickets and travel.
Something else the entitled Tarquins haven't had to worry about for a while.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.