Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

If you get people in just for the sake of it in a hurry who normally end up with sub optimal recruits. World class is not available on tap patience is a necessity.
I am sure we will see at least one more signing a replacement for Mahrez before the window shuts others may arrive if we have more exits. I would argue that keeping Walker and Bernardo is the most important objective currently.
The manager will decide if a LB is required or not and I am at this stage prepared to settle for what he wants. I agree that a lack of width and indeed creativity have been a trend this pre season and clearly it might damage us should it continue into the start of the league.
We need an alternative to Walker - one good enough to replace him when he eventually leaves - but replacing a player who in the last 2 seasons has had Vinicius and Mbappe ( twice ) in his pocket is not going to be easy

I completely understand why a lot of fans didn't go especially those that follow us home and away. Just one thing though ,not being a S/C holder or part of 1894, or a fan that decided to boycott doesn't mean you are a JCL or tourist. I happened to be in London at the weekend for something else and many of the fans I saw around on Sunday were families coming off the trains,many wearing older shirts. I'd guess a lot werelong standing match day fans with young families / grandchildren taking up the chance of a Wembley trip in the school holidays.
That can only be a good thing.
There were many thousands of families and children in City shirts. I would guess most of them were new fans but so what. It is the first time I have seen the Club Wembley level two full of Blue shirts. I have mixed feelings. Our fans were quiet but there were plenty of hard core longstanding Blues scattered all over the place. We met many in the pub before and after the match and on the concourse.
It was a strange day in many ways overshadowed by Attwell's cheating again. I thought we were very unlucky and played better than we did in the CL Final where we rode our luck. But sometimes shit happens. Looking forward to Burnley now.

Seen a video of some gooner twat moaning about our fans, leaving early, not selling out etc etc.
Fuck me the gooners could walk to Wembley in 10 minutes. Fans arent made of money, it's a pre season friendly when City arent ready for.
If the gooners are in the charity shield next year perhaps move it to Newcastle that's see how many travel than
Short memories these cunts.
The worst home support ever in a EPL game.3 days before that match.Empty seats galore at the end of cup final.
A couple of days after a cup final defeat.

Seen a video of some gooner twat moaning about our fans, leaving early, not selling out etc etc.
Fuck me the gooners could walk to Wembley in 10 minutes. Fans arent made of money, it's a pre season friendly when City arent ready for.
If the gooners are in the charity shield next year perhaps move it to Newcastle that's see how many travel than

The facts are we sold out our full allocation and were sent extra tickets and sold them too. Any empty seats are usually in that rip off mixed second tier nobody wants. So around at least 34,000 were sold. They'll leave early to have a chance of getting home before midnight.

We did sell out plus extra tickets later sold out. So that's bullshit talk AGAIN.
in all our visits to Wembley yesterday was the most ticket touts ive ever seen asking for tickets. CTID

There were plenty of their fans leaving on 90 minutes as well

And another thing, despite selling out there were still lots of empty seats in the city end... several hundred at least I'd estimate. Presumably fans who bought tickets and then decided they couldn't be arsed

There were plenty of their fans leaving on 90 minutes as well

And another thing, despite selling out there were still lots of empty seats in the city end... several hundred at least I'd estimate. Presumably fans who bought tickets and then decided they couldn't be arsed
Yes,there were lots at the station before us

It's an official trophy, not a friendly. Arsenal were right to celebrate it. Poor by City to not hold off Arsenal attacks in last minutes. When it went to penalties it was obvious Arsenal is going to win it.
It's an official trophy contested by the PL and FA Cup winners. Yesterday's game was an invitational. City had already won the "official" trophy by default.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.