Arsenal (A) | Community Shield | Post-match Thread

Of course any City fan, me included wants to win every game whether its a preseason game or Meaningful game. But the shield is not a trophy & not arsed if we win or lose. A league or cup game, I would've been disappointed. Arsenal players Running on the pitch over a glorified friendly ffs. We had to earn the right to be there by winning 2 trophies they got invited to the game by achieving nothing. The wooden spoon 2nd place trophy. Embarrassing.
I thought they were a huge club?! Just like Liverpool always going on how City are small with no history unlike them. But celebrate when they beat us like its the champions league final. Absolute weapons.
Shame they can't do it when it counts - In the league & FA Cup.
Seven goals we put past them last season. 6pts which won us the league. Not beaten us since 2015 in a league game. 14 consecutive league games on the bounce we've beat them. Beat them in the FA Cup last season & went on to win that trophy. No league for 20 years never won a European cup. Small time mentality tbh. Yet we're the small club?! Jokers.
Compliment in a way I suppose. City are a scalp & beating us is a big deal. Beating them is just another game They'll probably have a trophy parade ha ha ffs. Clowns gloating after the game. I was laughing.
We really hurt them last season & it showed by their reaction. Just like Liverpools last season at the King power. All this crap about a marker & psychological blow in a glorified pre season friendly. Me & my wife were at Wembley. We were laughing at the players & fans reactions. They'll be crying again in May.

Last edited:
Honestly, pretty happy overall with the game. Thought we'd struggle a lot more than we did considered we are behind them in terms of fitness etc.

Was a bit surprised by arsenal tbh, thought they would put us to the sword a bit more than they did, so to come out of that game being the better team (imo) and it being a jammy goal at the end. I'm happy.

Had pretty much ignored most football stuff over the pre season, but now I'm very much looking forward to Friday!

Went to that. It was the Beast from the East cold snap. We were warned not to travel because there was a fair possibility of no trains home. Fortunately the 23.00 wasn't cancelled.
Never take shit off a Tarquin about our fans. Would love to see how many of them would travel up to Manchester for a pre-season friendly.
I managed to get there from Frankfurt; imagine my surprise that their travel from Finsbury Park proved so difficult…..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.