Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

I think Phillips is a busted flush.

Pep doesn't trust him so he won't play. Back to Leeds in January on loan.
He needs to leave without question but to Leeds?

He is a lot better than where they are now. Hopefully the Paquetta/Betting situation is sorted, maybe a part ex with West Ham.

Last edited:
Thank you. I was incensed unfortunately which I rarely get at a City player as I don’t think we are a ‘dirty’ team.
I don't think he is or was dirty, but the last couple of games he has looked way off the pace, more the acts of a player frustrated with himself.

He needs to leave without question but to Leeds?

He is a lot better than where they are now. Hopefully in the Paquetta/Betting situation is sorted, maybe a part ex with West Ham.
And hopefully sorted with a favourable verdict for the player if, indeed, he is innocent. I heard it could be resolved one way or another as early as next month.

I'm sorry he bought Kovacic and Nunes.
Aside from yesterday- Kovacic has been one of the few in midfield this season I'd say who has been reliable. Too soon on Nunes but IMO he was a bit the panicky buy after we lost the bet on Packet a crisps. He's still too young / in a new team to write off and has skills that can be rounded out here.

You can't expect to bring in a top tier CAM late in a window after your number one in that position goes down- it simply doesn't happen.

I watched MOTD and agree that Kovacic was lucky not to be sent off.
You all know that if (s)he plays for City they get my full support but I was very disappointed in Kovacic. I expect better from City players. Does that make me a hypocrite? Or am I being hypercritical?
:-) :-)
Pep called out Phillips for being overweight yet Kovacic is slow and looks to be carrying some extra pounds. Very strange signing Kovacic considering we let a young a academy player with lots of potential go the other way. Trixi bollocks and co got mugged on the Kovacic deal at 25 mill. I hope Kovacic can prove me wrong but at 29 years of age i doubt much will change, just become another city bench warmer.

Gundo was the one telling everyone in public he was waiting till after the champions league final, he left us stewing which is unacceptable. The world knew he wanted to go to barca, he stringed us along until they got their finances in check and could sign him. Do you believe everything anyone says in a PR exercise?.
Yes, but even if he's waiting until after Champs League to sign, you still need to come with offers and negotiations beforehand. There is no chance City have walked away good from this.

Yes, but even if he's waiting until after Champs League to sign, you still need to come with offers and negotiations beforehand. There is no chance City have walked away good from this.
We made him an offer. He turned us down, partly because Barca gave him an outrageous deal and partly because he always wanted to go there anyway. Anyway, going round in circles here. Hes gone and everyones moved on.

Pep called out Phillips for being overweight yet Kovacic is slow and looks to be carrying some extra pounds. Very strange signing Kovacic considering we let a young a academy player with lots of potential go the other way. Trixi bollocks and co got mugged on the Kovacic deal at 25 mill. I hope Kovacic can prove me wrong but at 29 years of age i doubt much will change, just become another city bench warmer.
Kova isn't slow.

We made him an offer. He turned us down, partly because Barca gave him an outrageous deal and partly because he always wanted to go there anyway. Anyway, going round in circles here. Hes gone and everyones moved on.
May be some truths in that, i just don't think its as clear cut but like you say it doesn't really matter anymore. Hopefully Rodri stays fit and learns from his suspension, giving time for the other guys to learn help out a bit more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.