Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Surprised some have not returned.

They got a bit of a chastening lesson last season. Some have learned, some haven't. The giddy ones are taking two flukey wins against us as signs we are finished and they have the upper hand. The sensible ones see them for what they were, two very flukey wins against an understrength City side still adjusting with departures and new arrivals.
While I detest the fuckers the same way I do all the entitled red shirt shits, I don't begrudge them their celebrations. We stuck it to them enough last season let that have their small victories. They more than anyone should know there's a long way to go yet.

They got a bit of a chastening lesson last season. Some have learned, some haven't. The giddy ones are taking two flukey wins against us as signs we are finished and they have the upper hand. The sensible ones see them for what they were, two very flukey wins against an understrength City side still adjusting with departures and new arrivals.
While I detest the fuckers the same way I do all the entitled red shirt shits, I don't begrudge them their celebrations. We stuck it to them enough last season let that have their small victories. They more than anyone should know there's a long way to go yet.
Yip,listening to the media it’s a huge victory for them ( to be fair it is as it’s the first in 8 years ffs) and it’s a huge blow to our title credentials,are these people on drugs it’s a fucking marathon not a sprint 8 games gone 30 to go,Arsenal’s only hope is we become inconsistent and the red scousers this season the same as they are the only side I see putting a run together,I’d piss myself though if we suddenly did drop off from winning it and spurs pipped arsenal and red scousers..

Yip,listening to the media it’s a huge victory for them ( to be fair it is as it’s the first in 8 years ffs) and it’s a huge blow to our title credentials,are these people on drugs it’s a fucking marathon not a sprint 8 games gone 30 to go,Arsenal’s only hope is we become inconsistent and the red scousers this season the same as they are the only side I see putting a run together,I’d piss myself though if we suddenly did drop off from winning it and spurs pipped arsenal and red scousers..

Yes really early days. You'll often get one side come from nowhere this early and lead the pack, this season it's Spurs. Whether they can sustain it time will tell. As for us it's a bit of a puzzler. Yes we won our first six games but West Ham away was our only tricky one on paper until Arsenal. Like last season we need to not fall too far behind until we hopefully start firing on all cylinders again. Liverpool will be up there and I think Chelsea could put a run together. Interesting days.

Some of their commentary doesn't make a lot of sense to me. They sort of frame it like we have won the Premier League every year Pep has been here with this strange "end is nigh" commentary. Liverpool won it a few years back and we came right back and won it the next year.

I will say Arsenal fan come off very small time. It is like watching little brother trying to stick it to big brother.

Did anyone rate Declan Rice's performance on Sunday?
I thought he was pretty anonymous but, lo and behold, he got into Jabba the Crooks' team of the week.
Saliba did too.
I'm surprised anyone got into it from that match. Dullest game I've seen for absolutely ages.
Didnt even know he was playing. Like you say, no one apart from Martinelli and Kovacic really did anything noteworthy.

This is right. As it happened, I had a two hour drive shortly after the match so thought I'd bite the bullet and listen to Talkshite, see what tenor of the phone-in was. Whilst all were happy, not one Arsenal caller of which there were many, were saying they were going to win the league or that City were finished. All were very pragmatic. The only gobshite to ring in was, inevitably a scouser, who proceeded to slag off Arsenal, City, Spurs and Newcastle.

I'd say it was a ludicrous decision. 2nd yellow all day long. All day every day. And that's assuming the first wasn't a straight red, and it probably was.

He was very lucky indeed. I was fuming with him diving in like that after everybody thought he was lucky not to walk after the first one. You have to wonder what goes through players heads at times. We're starting to show a worrying lack of control and discipline at the moment and teams will target us all the more as a result. We slag Oliver off but we were lucky he was in charge on Sunday as he can often bottle big decisions in high profile games. For once it worked in our favour.

No Ederson saved a penalty in Aguero's last game against Everton in the covid time when we were only allowed 10,000 fans in.

Don’t remember that.

My main memory of that day is turning up and seeing a queue that looked like it had about 20,000 in it, just to get near the ground.

Don’t remember that.

My main memory of that day is turning up and seeing a queue that looked like it had about 20,000 in it, just to get near the ground.

Easily googled. I think we were 2-0 up at the time so pretty important, although we'd already won the title.

Oh yes the good old covid days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.