Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

I thought this was a tense game and, well as Bernado played in an unaccustomed position, City clearly suffer when Rodri doesn't play. A lot of rubbish has been talked nevertheless. Shearer thinks it is good for Arsenal and good for the PL that City lost. Well, Alan, life is tight at the top every season. Last season we did the double over Arsenal but they were the only top four team we beat away from the Etihad. The season before we won at Chelsea, drew at Liverpool but lost at Spurs. In 2020-1 we performed very creditably t our top four "rivals" but the real exception is the Centurions season but that was exceptional in so many ways. The theme common to all these seasons is that City ended the season as champions. I'm not sure how much of a boost the PL can take from our loss at Arsenal! And Danny Murphy's praise for Arsenal "stopping City from playing" and reducing us to one shot on target rings a little Hollow as Arsenal manage only two on target ... at home. This was a game heading fo a goalless draw, and it was not decided by Arteta's masterful substitutions as Danny suggested. All four did touch the ball in the build up but the decisive intervention was made unwittingly by the very unfortunate Ake.

This season will be decided, as always, by the team which performs best over 38 games and we have proved rather good at that. Winning four on the trot is not easy and is unprecedented but the unpreceented hasn't been a problem for us either. I can't say we'll win the league again this season but I think we have the best squad to try.
On the basis of eight results, Chelsea and United are worse than last season, Liverpool and Spurs have improved, Arsenal are about the same (maybe fractionally worse), Brighton about the same, Villa have improved and Newcastle not as free-flowing and are eighth (worse than last year). This season, I think the rest will all take points off each other, which would suit us because at some point we'll hit our stride.

Title winning capability wise I saw not a lot from Arsenal on Sunday despite their national/worldwide media announced ability to restrict us to just 4 shots.
Salah aside same for scouse and Tottenham we shall see.
We produced 20 minutes of the most breathtaking football against Forest with two magical goals.
I predicted we would score a lot less this year and all three loses were narrow..early goal from us Sunday and a different game.
My point is I still see us having enough.

Spurs have improved greatly. They won't have the staying power though. Like Arsenal last season. Once we get healthy and Haarland gets back on track, I don't think we are beatable. We are missing a spark right now, though, and I think it has a lot to do with our insistence on possession. KDB has made this work for the past couple of years, but he's not around right now. We need some energy. I like what Bobb brought to the field a couple of matches past. He's not fully there yet, but he has an energy we have been missing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.