Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Wow we are boring as fuck these days!? Haaland is starved of any real chances and it seems Pep set out to just not get beat rather than go for the win?! Two league defeats in a row and a real we really look off the pace

12 shots to 4 in favour of our opponents is fucking criminal. Haaland knows he’s undroppable
What is exactly is he supposed to do when he's getting no service at all ? do you expect him to be Messi and just orchestrate everything ? he's not that player, no one was arsed to create anything today, it was obvious that we played for a draw so it's not the striker's fault.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen us play for a draw...only 4 shots and we never really went for it like normal do always leaving men back frightened to death we'd be hit on the transition. The irony is that getting men back behind the ball cost us the game as an average shot deflected in. I get it that a draw would have been a good result, but its just not the Pep way....is this the Lillo influence?

Somewhat reminiscent of the Liverpool away loss at a similar time last season, a long way to go yet and we need to remain there or thereabouts until KDB is back in the new year.

Hopefully Rodri comes back like a man possessed after these last 3 domestic games and we get back into some rhythm, Stones back is a massive boost too.

Hard to know what to make of that. Can't quite believe they've scored a late deflected winner against us again. You can say we didn't deserve to win, but neither did they.

I suppose we can be thankful that Kovacic didn't get the red card he deserved, because having to play for an hour with 10 men would have ended in a hammering.

We've had a pretty ridiculous run of league form against Arsenal, which had to end sometime. But the performance is more worrying for me. I get what Pep was trying to do, and I think it worked very well for the first half hour. But we just lacked any real quality or composure on the ball.

Grealish has to come on in that game. Ake over Akanji was a mistake for me, Dias struggled on the right and we missed Akanji's quality on the ball. We effectively surrendered the possession battle and didn't have nearly enough quality to hit them on the break. Nunes showed he probably should have started the game.

All that being said, they still needed another scrawpy goal to beat us.

absolute terrible performance. I'm so done with this team now. I started supporting before champions league 2021 final because I thought this was a winning team. yeah we lost but I gave them another chance and last season was nice but this isn't the team I thought I was supporting.

Seems like they've lost desire since last season. Pep is getting outdone by other managers too, but it happens, some managers like Mourinho have their moments and the game moves on.

Tottenham is looking like a pretty good team to support right now.

I'll see how we go between now and Christmas but if things haven't improved by then, then I'm not wasting my time.

Caught a few, well played.

Not the time to panic. Thought we started ok but didn't do enough to win it. Felt a bit sorry for Haaland as the ball just wouldn't fall for him. Kova was lucky to stay on and we just weren't quite on it. Gvardiol had a few loose passes and we just weren't fluid through the midfield. Missing KdB badly today.

We've been in worse spots and won the league so the squad has a lot of credit in the bank. Rodri will be back next game and Silva, Stones & Grealish are all coming back from injuries so may take a little time to get up to speed.

Arsenal proper wind me up though. I dont think any other team works as hard to get the crowd wound up and they are proper snide. You beat City - big whoop. You don't actually get a trophy for it

We went through a period last season when we just wasn’t the City we know then it clicked and we all know how that ended. I think we are slightly weaker Gundo I miss him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.