Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

We will improve but that's two very poor PL performances I the trot. Total lack of penetration up front and very little control in midfield.
The champions this year will be the team that acquires most points from the other big seven clubs.
If we can stay free of injury I am sure we will be thereabouts come May.

The Boys in Blue didn’t give in. They fought to the end. Hard lines City it wasn’t to be today. But you went down fighting. On the plus side Rodri’s back next time, John Boy’s back and as long as Wally Waistcoat leaves him on the bench we’ll be fine.
Thank you City, thank you lads, thank you fans you did us proud.

THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD.

:-)
[/QUOTE looks like the matchday thread members have joined the post match thread. We got beat beat, it happens once in a while. We are at the start of the season , lets wait until early new year before people start complaining. We were without our 2 best players and for a unlucky break would have come away with a point. Ctid

First, Arsenal are small time c***.

We needed that kick, it's wake up call for Pep and our staff to find a way to get us back to the top of the mountain.

If we don't win it this year, we don’t need to panic. We still have Pep and Khaldoon, both are proven winners and they will not sit idle and allow us to fall off for too long.
Kinda sat idle this summer window tbh

We can’t win them all and got what we deserved from the game. In fact, both sides deserved to lose in all honesty.

Our stats this season with and without Rodri are damning but not surprising in the slightest.

The big concern is just how boring we are to watch. There’s zero risk taking in the side and it won’t be long before all of the directness of Doku is coached out of his game.

You're not catching many with that, mate. At least, I hope not. That is a whopper of a post.

Do I say it? Do I dare to say the unsayable? Fuck it, I'll say it. Erling needs to spend a little time on the bench, and think about his game. Because he ain't doing jack shit at present. He's not getting enough service, you say? Well then, he needs to come and look for it. It cuts both ways. People on your team will seek you out. But you've got to be in a bit of space for that to happen.

To be fair, I think some of the only times we looked like we could get through on goal were started from his hold up play, so that's something

but our build up play looks so predictable at the moment and today there was no width at all unless the full backs were very advanced, but if they weren't then Arsenal simply knew it had to come through the middle and they can prepare for that when they have time to get in position because they know there's only one route.

It was just poor all round, I'm not even sure what the plan was. It'd like we stifled ourselves by playing too many players In a narrow congested space.

Doku should have started, at least it would've given a different option and Arsenal something to second guess. As it was it was just them checking our full backs weren't too advanced, and if they weren't, then they knew it was coming through the middle and it was easy work. Its really the kind of thing you expect from teams at the other end, the predictability.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.