Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

What a load of disappointing shit that game was.

If only we’d got one of Rice or ideally Bellingham.

Time to reset and go on a really long winning streak now. Put this shit behind us and start showing the City of the past few seasons.
Rice has been nothing special so far for Arsenal or in his last season at West Ham.
Bernardo a problem for me at this moment.
Hope he comes back to form and keeps it.
Still get the feeling despite signing a new contract he would leave if an offer came in for him.

He no gundo but he’s played about 180 mins in total so far, harsh to label him a flop
But we should definitely aim for players like KDB or Rodri, David Silva, or Gundi. If not, and we settle for these average players, we might end up losing to a team crappy like Arsenal. We won't have a guaranteed Pl winning team, or even worse, we could find ourselves fighting for fourth place, who knows

I'm not trying to single out Phil Foden as the majority of the team were poor today.

Yes Phil was poor today along with 8/9 others. I worry for him because when KDB is back he is a definite starter then you think where does Phil fit into this side...

He will never be built like Rooney but he’s just so slight and he really does need to fill out and strengthen
In space running at players he’s devastating as he’s so quick footed and nimble but in the middle of the park when it’s tight he gets brushed off it a lot
I’d have in our current best 11 but only on the left

Lot of overreaction on here blues, I reckon. Yes we've been shit for the last two PL games but we've only lost to deflected goals. I seem to recall thinking we look totally anaemic going forward around this time of the season every year. So, here we are again. They'll sort it out.

Apart from the obvious that we missed KDB and Rodders, I also think we really missed Jack today. We always used either Riyad or Jack as out balls to hold it up so everyone else could get into position. Now Riyad's gone we need Jack for control. It's ironic that when he plays, we all moan that he's going sideways or backwards but we win the games. And when he doesn't play, like today, we have Phil, Julian, Jerry et al all trying to beat one too many players, getting crowded out and turning over possession.

Well after a brighter start to the season than we normally make, albeit with a decent run of fixtures, we've hit a bit of a blip.
This isn't surprising. Last season in this fixture we had Gundogan, De Bruyne and Rodri in midfield. Today none of those three were there. Pep was shoehorning players into positions to try and come up with a solution and to be frank it didn't work. Having said that if we'd have come away with a point, which we nearly did aside from some terrible luck, everyone would be reasonably happy.

Pep has a bit of a job on his hands now. Rodri is coming back but what happens if we lose him again to injury? Earlier in the season after a superb performance in midfield I mentioned Foden has to do that on a regular basis. He hasn't. Can Nunez step up? Who knows, he's only been here five minutes. How do we get Haaland scoring again? We have dropped slightly after last season's heroics, which is normal. A fair bit to sort out. We have as good as qualified from our champions league group and are only two points off the top. No panic yet. We do however have a tough run of fixtures coming up and really need to start firing on all cylinders again quickly. Where we are after those fixtures will probably decide if we retain our title or not.

Obviously there wasn't much time after they scored but to see such a abysmal response where we did absolutely nothing to try to create a chance was particularly galling.

But we should definitely aim for players like KDB or Rodri, David Silva, or Gundi. If not, and we settle for these average players, we might end up losing to a team crappy like Arsenal. We won't have a guaranteed Pl winning team, or even worse, we could find ourselves fighting for fourth place, who knows
Sniff sniff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.