Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

the team is not as press-resistant as we think, Newcastle and Arsenal both pressed us into making mistakes

Yes but KDB is too a lesser extent. We’ve managed without him so far, heck I remember us winning the leg with out for a huge chunk of the season. It was only once Rodri was gone that the flywheels came off.
Yes but we had Gundo to play in Rodris place then.

Genius or not this current run of form is on Pep.
He set up to draw today against his Lego headed mate.
Showed him and arsenal far too much respect.
We’re streets ahead of them and so are Liverpool.
I still maintain they’re nowhere near what everyone is making them out to be and without their 8 and 9 minute added time goals they’d be nowhere near a title race.
Something we didn’t get today unsurprisingly.
The reason I say it’s on Pep is because he’s suffocating Haaland at the minute.
There’s next to zero service coming to him and I’ve heard he’s getting frustrated with the lack of service.
So much so that he wants to drop deep to get more involved in the game but Pep doesn’t want him too.
He’s wants him up top ready to score, but that ain’t happening without service.
He spends most of the game wrestling 2 central defenders because he’s isolated.
I’m frustrated, god only knows how he’s feeling.
Time to get back to fast passing and movement.
Arsenal were there for the taking today.
That first half they looked slow and nervous and we let them grow into the game instead of blowing them away.
We played comfortable football.
We are the current premier league champions and the current champions of Europe.
We need to start acting like it instead of worrying about how the opposition play.
Play to our strengths not there’s.
We’re certainly missing Kev and Gundogan but we have enough in the team to play better than we currently are.
Rant over.

I'm not trying to single out Phil Foden as the majority of the team were poor today.

Yes Phil was poor today along with 8/9 others. I worry for him because when KDB is back he is a definite starter then you think where does Phil fit into this side...
I always hoped that Phil would go beyond KDB and become our talisman.
Last couple of seasons I realised that ain't happening.
Far too inconsistent.

Not the greatest performance by us with big players missing, trying to integrate new players and being a bit timid.

But they still had to play like a cup final and win with a stuffy deflection. We will heed lessons and get back in the groove. I'll be surprised if they're still in contention come May.

Ben White, dear oh dear!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.