Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Its funny how deluded fans can be without knowing the facts.

We always starts slow blah, blah, blah.

After 8 games last season we were unbeaten with 20 points, 2 more than now.
And won the league by 5. We’d only win it by 3 this season as it stands.

(and that’s only because of Liverpool being cheated out of the league).

Its funny how deluded fans can be without knowing the facts.

We always starts slow blah, blah, blah.

After 8 games last season we were unbeaten with 20 points, 2 more than now.
With all respect, we had an even easier start last season than we have this.

Only really played Newcastle last season in the first 8 games, and they weren't the side they're now.

18 points this season is a fair comparison to last IMO

We were a bit lucky to win the FA Cup game vs Arsenal in January (Ake), they were a bit lucky to win today (Ake).

Our recent problems have come from being a bit off in terms of energy and desire. Instead of trying to score a 3d goal vs Forest, we started to pass the ball for the sake of it and this led to some people getting nervous and Rodri getting a red. Today we were happy to take a draw in the 2nd half and got punished.

Maybe some players are a bit complacent or tired from last season.

My expectations: we'll have other difficulties before Christmas and people will be wondering whether we are going to have a shit season. Then we'll improve...The only thing that can stop us is injuries. If we avoid injury crises, we'll be great in the 2nd half of the season. Before that we'll have other shit results though.

Rodri’s absence has cost us. It realised my direct fear when he was sent off.

Anyways, we were unfortunate to lose the game today. They scored twice against us this season. Twice a huge deflection.
A draw would’ve been fair. And Kovacic was lucky to be on the pitch when he was subbed.

Finally I’m totally not worried about losing the title.

Every word.

It was a shit game, we lost move on - they got a lucky goal that could have gone anywhere.

It's a marathon not a sprint, this season was always going to be bloody tough mentally for the players to get up for initially, I expected to start slowet than we have tbh.

And after 8 games what does this mean? We wont win the league? We were so so many points off Arsenal at xmas, there's so much leeway yet.

Well, Im not panicking anyway.
All it means is arsenal haven’t learnt from last season and hyping up again. We will cone good once we are back at full service . Haaland is way off the pace and that’s a worry though .

Just shows what happens when you don’t replace players properly
Our squad is so light
Few injuries, few out of form and we have nothing to offer
We are getting exposed tbh. We need a new player signed Phillips is not that guy and our season is injury to Rodri for our season to collapse.

Does anyone know what Pep said after the game, because I refuse to listen to sky or read any news outlets

And after 8 games what does this mean? We wont win the league? We were so so many points off Arsenal at xmas, there's so much leeway yet.

Well, Im not panicking anyway.
Neither am I but there seems to be a perception that we always start badly which clearly isn't the case.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.