Arsenal (A) - Post-Match Thread

Pep arguably deserves criticism for making so few substitutions. Having said that, I wanted Walker for Ake (with Cancelo to left back) only for Nathan to make a match saving clearance off the line. Later I wanted Fernandinho for a visibly tiring Rodri, only for Rodders to snatch our stoppage time winner. That Pep bloke is a genius.

Looked very jaded today but all credit too the lads for winning and keeping at it. By no means vintage today but got the job done at a tough away day. Sometimes going down to ten makes it even harder as you don’t know wether to stick or twist so fair fucks to the boys for getting the win.

Excellent away support today for a 1230 New Year’s Day kick off. Nothing better than a last minute winner at an away ground.

And nice of the Arsenal fans to take defeat with such grace that they think that throwing bottles down on the away fans is somehow ok cos you know they lost. Even more baffling is the stewards standing by and watching.
Didn't one of those arseholes stop Rodri from giving his shirt to a City fan?

I hope some of the posters on the matchday thread reflect on some of the comments they made during the game, we are a fantastic team and had an off day. It happens and we need to ensure we are behind every single player when it does.

United fan on refs' chat site says:

I'm all for a VAR moan but
No idea what BT sport drank last night.
Referee team got all three big match incidents correct and they're going on like it's some huge VAR screwjob.
Embarrassing by the pundits.
Just had a look on Rag Cafe and there is quite a few rags saying the same thing about VAR. Also saying the commentary was embarrassing, so its not just City fans with blue tinted specs noticing it….

Funny that everyone's now so convinced that there are so many clear decisions against City. Watch the Arsenal Fan TV live stream of entirely Arsenal fans watching the game live.

24:08 the Arsenal penalty claim
1:24:35 the penalty
1:30:37 the red card

These Arsenal fans basically accept all of the decisions as they happen. Only the first one they think is probably a penalty, but it's obvious they know it's not clear cut either way.

It's only afterwards the story becomes about "controversial" decisions as journalists go for clicks and engagement.

So despite three games in six days, players missing with Covid and two games in London, Arsenal, with home advantage, youthful legs, a restful few days and a one goal start, still couldn't beat City?

Unlucky my arse. A self-entitled bunch of whingeing cunts, nothing before pillaging Huddersfield Town.

And, most pertinently, today, a nothing club of any real significance.
Spot on

Self righteous bunch of pricks throughout their club

The only remotely controversial one was the Ederson incident, and whilst there was one pretty damning angle all of the others went in his favour. So there was no way they could overturn it.

The red and the City penalty were clear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.