Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

Just got back in so not watching on tv til later, but to me in the away end I didn’t see a foul for their pen, him and var seemed to take forever to find something wrong with our own, he booked Eddie after 30 mins which if at all would have been 89 mins against us at the Etihad, booked Kyle for fuck all and I’d be very surprised if we got as much as 40% of the free kicks. I hate the ****. I thought City handled him magnificently though.
He caught him, harsh and the player made sure he was hit but it was a clear penalty.

That was also a free kick to us (well the goal should have stood). 2 wrongs n all that.

Ederson needs a major shake up. It was a clumsy challenge and by making it he asked a whistle happy ref to make a decision.
It was clumsy. He jumped into it too which didn’t help. Yes they don’t usually give them but Ederson doesn’t help the situation by being there in the first place.

Always different rules when it involves us , tell me have you ever seen these examples happen before or since ?
Keeper booked within the 1st half hour for alleged timewasting ,
Time added on in time added on for over celebrating ,
Sterling armpit offside (not long after they changed the offside rule)
Rashford offside goal not interfering with play (soon after admitting it was the wrong call and now clarifying the offside rule again)
New season opening day a few years back we were told referees instructed to penalise grappling in the area on a corner (penalty awarded against us)
these are just a few off the top of my head Im sure many more
Last nights penalty….they never get given,
Goal against Villa where the entire football community cried offside, turns out it was legit but not in the spirit of the game wtf?
VAR non operational, doesn’t seem to happen to anyone else,
The worst thing about it all is they try to excuse it when they’re wrong, everyone else gets an apology!

Arsenal TV is back and its better than ever Smile

It was fascinating to see how we changed the way we play. We were much more prepared to go long to Haaland and it worked. He gave their defence a torrid time and was a constant threat. That harried them into mistakes.

Dias makes a huge difference. Arsenal had 1 shot on target, the penalty. That is how well we defended. Ake had a quality game again, Rodri was superb and Jack impressed again. Mahrez was our only player to have an off night which worked in our favour as it forced Pep to make a change and the change made us stronger. Bernardo going from nominal left back to right wing with Ekanji shoring up the defence with Ake moving to Left back won us the game.

Then of course we have Kev, what more can you say about him.

Arsenal are a very good side and Arteta has done a brilliant job, the Champions though are stirring and we know how to win titles. It is very much game on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.