Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

Under normal circumstances I completely agree.

But we’ve just been on the wrong end of a decision where offside didn’t count because the ‘offside player’ didn’t touch the ball so wasn’t interfering with play. Would love someone to tell me the difference here.

FWIW I’m fully of the opinion that Haaland is offside, but where’s the consistency.
The difference is it was he himself who ran onto the ball to be taken down for the penalty, not another attacker.

The Rashford decision was ridiculous, but this isn’t the same thing.

On a side note, Ian and Shauny Wright as a pundit duo were excellent. A rare combination of tactical insights, mentality analysis and funny too. Hope I can find them on the river regularly.
Agree, they were superb, both sticking up for their clubs but objective without the usual snide comments you would get from the likes of Ratboy, Spit, Dixon, Keown and Co.
Saw them on Opus 1 after I found out the clueless Aluko was on Amazon and switched off straight away.

Not sure why if they do.

City.
Player booked after ‘time wasting’ in the first 30 minutes, 15 minutes after Ramsdale sits down, takes boots and gloves off for a nonexistent injury while Arteta gives customary mid half team talk.
Walker booked for standing on the touchline after being injured and getting treatment, ball passed to him (stupidly) but is it really a booking?
Bernardo booked for Saka throwing himself to the ground when breathed on.
Grealish booked for dissent.

Arsenal
Keeper see above.
Manager allowed to keep ball away from City players
Players crowding, no yellows.
Scream fuck off at Ref with No recriminations.

Yes they’ve room to complain alright.
The one that for me showed the inconsistency most was when grealish booked for reaction to the ref, you could see he was swearing etc.

Literal seconds later Nketia does the same thing, you can again see it without need of a lip reader, but no yellow. Right next to the linesman too. Still riled up, he then does get a yellow seconds later for a pretty bad challenge, which I believe was possibly checked for a potential red also? If the ref applies the law then either he doesn't make that dangerous challenge and protects the players from injury, or he's facing a double booking. Little things, but big things.

Like you I look forward to goalies being booked now for time wasting in the first half, but suspect that it is another rule that will only be applied against us. Like the advantage rule, where City are the only team who are given advantage even when running backwards towards our own goal with only the keeper on.

Not been a massive fan of Ederson's performances of late, but that is never a penalty. No Arsenal players appeal for it, the only crowd noise is because they hope the shots going in, the (woeful) commentary team had absolutely no idea what was going on ("was there a handball in there?") Their player shoots and his momentum carries him into Eddie, who has stopped, you won't see a penner like that again for a long time (unless you're lucky enough to have a ticket for Forest obviously, haha).
At least our old mate Rat-Boy called it right

Odd how not one arsenal player appealed for a penalty !. They appealed for everything else .
Ah yes the "stonewall" penalty that no players or fans expected or appealed for.
Crimson and McMoist didn't even know what was going on (as usual) - I assume no viewers did either - but guess what - Alty did. As the tedious commentary continued, it became an assault and battery by Eddie.
OK - some of the fawning to be magnanimous crowd think it was a pen - ok - but in that case let's see it given elsewhere and against you know who.

Last edited:
In other news, will the City fan who has clearly somehow deeply upset the previously best co-commentator on the circuit, please make themselves known?
Absolutely jaw-droppingly shocking last night, though to be fair to him his worst crime remains the recurring pronunciation of Erling's surname in the manner that the girl in Grange Hill used to say Rowland

Best bit was having to watch the cameras pan in their crowd and seeing how fkin giddy they all were when they were gifted a goal.

At 2-1 down, their faces had dropped quicker than rat face Fernandez when anyone goes anywhere near him..

Can't comment on their demeanour at 1-3 as they'd all fcuked off by then..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.