Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

Oh my days what?

Exactly right , I thought after seeing it when has that type of collision ever been given as a penalty? It is like the situation where an attacker gets his shot away and then gets kicked - it is never given.
“Not a penalty for me, the ball had already gone” in the clichéd terms of a typical commentary team. Maybe not written into the rules, but very much a part of the long standing practice of how the rules are enforced and understood. See also the Rashford offside decision. Odd how one team keeps ending up on the wrong side of these decisions again and again.

If the club don’t make a complaint about the “harmless missiles” they are missing a trick. Would like to see an apology on headed paper
City should be making a complaint about anything and everything out of step that happens with every member of the Jealous Nine. Being friends has long gone.

It's not a fucking grey area mate, it's the fucking first time ever it was given, not rarely given.

there has been endless penalty's given when players collide with the goalkeeper and a pen is given

sometime harshly when goalkeepers are just standing there ground, and players make the most of the collision

salah, Kane and co are experts at this

Last edited:
Thought Pep and the lads showed a set of bollocks last night, things wasn't particularly working in the 1st half so a little tinker at half time and the boys showed why we are champions despite the ref trying his hardest to keep Arsenal in the game, I even got to the point of looking for anything they could rule the 2nd and 3rd out for.

Follow up with a big win at Forest because I think the wheels are off at the emirates and we could really put our foot down and the smell of boiled piss gets stronger every week.

Weird season this, which I guess was to be expected with the world cup nobody wanted disrupting it. By our own high standards we have been poor in a lot of games. By contrast Arsenal have been playing out of their skins, their best start for years, 51 points at the halfway stage. Yet.....in spite of all that and being 8 points ahead at one stage, we sit top on goal difference. If we finally put a run together we could leave them trailing.
Not sure how we are top, it is remarkable.

So refreshing to hear Pep say he got his tactics wrong first half , and that honesty can only be good for the dressing room , just love the man.
I just wish he read Bluemoon before the match and then 45 mins of incorrect tactics could’ve been avoided. Still, at least he had a look at half-time so credit to him for that.

And Nketiah clattered into Eddie. It's a contact sport and that was an example of contact, just the same as Haaland clattering into the Villa goalie at weekend, but the outcome was markedly different. We concede a pen last night, but Villa get a free kick. There will be as many refs running around breathless who wouldn't have given a pen for that incident as would, and that is the nonsense which surrounds the LotG. Results can be manipulated by applying the LotG one way and not another, let alone the way they are written.
The ref could easily have given a penalty if he wanted to when Walker clattered into the Arse player in the 2nd half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.