Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

felt like a proper performance that last night. For all the plaudits arsenal were and are getting for the first half I can’t see it myself. Had a few chances but that’s football.

Thought city were outstanding. I don’t see anything in this arsenal side that concerns me. Nothing like the Liverpool sides we have battled with the last few years.

I’m more concerned with United than them.

Love Dias. Such a solid old school defender.
Ake is immense at the moment. I’ll be honest and hold my hand up and thought he was the weak link in the defence and not up to the required standard.

Haaland is a joy. Not just his football but his joy and fun for playing for city and the way he immerses himself with the team and the fans.

Pleased for jack. Means a lot to him.

Was probably just about a penalty. Some are given some are not. No real complaints there.

De Bruyne. And to think some were writing him off a few weeks back. Guy is class.

All in all a good night. The walk back to the tube was great.!the amount of woman arsing their fans were up to was great. Proper bitter.

Come on city.

Yeah your right about United, the rate Arsenal are going they could find themselves in 3rd by the end of the season. I think the rags will lose over two legs to Barcelona leaving them with just the league and the cups to concentrate on, they have had a bit of a wobble recently but could see them being a much bigger threat than Arsenal till May, specially with Pgmol helping them.

It's baffling. We've stuttered, it's been one step forward two back, trying different formations, bedding new players in. At times we've looked brilliant, others awful. We have however hung on in there as Arsenal have been getting all the plaudits and racking up the points. Football eh? Hopefully we now kick on until the end of the season.
Agree, but would say 2 steps forward and 1 step back, otherwise be in scousers position

Thought they edged the first half (a mistake and then fantastic finish for our goal, questionable pen for theirs). Second half, even until we went 4 at the back then they couldnt live with us.

And given what we see at the Etihad every other week, how the f**k does Eddie get a card for time wasting in the first half?

Thought they edged the first half (a mistake and then fantastic finish for our goal, questionable pen for theirs). Second half, even until we went 4 at the back then they couldnt live with us.

And given what we see at the Etihad every other week, how the f**k does Eddie get a card for time wasting in the first half?
Let’s see what happens at our next home game when it happens

“Not a penalty for me, the ball had already gone” in the clichéd terms of a typical commentary team. Maybe not written into the rules, but very much a part of the long standing practice of how the rules are enforced and understood. See also the Rashford offside decision. Odd how one team keeps ending up on the wrong side of these decisions again and again.
Agreed, you see these all the time, someone stated Alvarez got one in the WC but I have never ever seen one given in the prem, the reason normally given (when it happens to us) is he’s been allowed to play the ball and then there’s been a ‘coming together’ initially I thought Eddie was grounded, but he wasn’t entirely, E N is more out of control than Ederson and doesn’t have possession of the ball at the time of contact, Ederson isn’t reckless or gone to ground (hence no yellow) which leans me towards no pen, that’s before asking the valid question of when did we start giving these? Sergio would’ve had half a dozen a season as he loved drawing the keeper in if this was the case. The sheer fact we are seeing so many anomalies against us is very very suspicious

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.