Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

Ake was getting it pre match too, because he had the audacity to be selected ahead of Laporte, despite being our best defender this season, most reliable, flexible and had even shackled Saka in the cup game, hope his performance last night shut a few up….back to Ederson, he was beaten by a penalty that is never normally given, he shouldn’t change the way he keeps ‘just in case’ the ref has a subjective evening, other than that he remained calm on a night where the Arsenal players and fans where losing their heads, it would’ve been easy for him to get caught up in the occasion, but was as calm and unflappably brilliant as he normally is, his distribution was excellent and showed the way to others who could of gone short too often (see arse players for example) he set the tone perfectly, keeping isn’t just about shot stopping anymore
Fully agree.

Especially on Ake. He's been by far our best defender this season whether it's at centre back or left back.

What a player.

Those points aside , I think you’ll find we had more free kicks awarded in our favour , tbh , Ederson was time wasting , and we have insisted that goal keepers get booked at ours when it happens, there is no point in booking a goal keeper on 85 minutes is there ? The penalty , well , we’d have shouted for one the other way round , we maybe are concentrating a bit too much on Dodges post , Arsenal were robbed of 2 points in their last game , refereeing is inconsistent full stop , whether we get more against us than others is up for debate , anyway , 3 points and back on top.
Looking forward to seeing time wasting keepers getting booked in the first half at the Etihad.

What infuriated me about last night was Ederson getting a card for time wasting.

How many times has that happened to us at the Etihad and nothing happens?

The shit teams time waste from minute 1. There is no consistency or they just hate us
red howard has had meeting with ref's this week new rules applied only to city

First half was really poor, many mistakes, Bernardo left back, what the fuck, we really had a lot of problems, Arsenal was not very dangerous, but if they play some situations better... Second half, when we changed to back four, it was much better, Ake, Dias were great Rodri and Haaland behind them. Whats your opinion with our style yesterday, that we had really less the ball? I´m german, fan since 2004, so sorry for any mistakes with my english language.
I'm sure your English is better than the German of 99.999% of people on BM.

Arteta has one set of tactics that he learned off Pep. Pep obviously knew this and blew them out of the water with a couple of curve ball tactical tweaks, in my opinion.
Second half when we strangled the life out of them, it was as if we were saying 'lets see how good you are at what we do'. ... clearly they were never going to be as good - for one thing, they haven't been doing it for 6 and a half seasons.

It wasn't "awful" we were just a bit too "nice", we didn't play badly, just didn't have enough aggression for me, if you look back at the first half they had a lot of possession, but they also gave the ball away a lot.
"they also gave the ball away a lot" So did we in that first half. The half time tactical tweak did the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.