Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

Pep is managing the squad superbly at the moment. There's bewilderment by us mere mortals sometimes when he leaves KDB, Walks, Laporte, Ake out or makes a seemingly daft tactical change to accommodate different players in strange set ups.

Last night it was Bernie at left wing back(or whatever you call this position) with a back 3. He admitted it didnt work particularly well. I understand why he does it. Arsenal and Arteta would have worked on a particular set up to approach the game same as the Cup tie.
We set up differently to overload midfield not on the right, which we see with Rico-Lewis but on the left.

We were fortunate to go ahead but Saka was kept away from the box mostly and they had to work really hard to get back in it. The pen was bullshit imo but on the balance of play they deserved to be Level at half time. Their fans asking for another yellow for something that imo wasnt even a foul is a fucking joke. Nketia is decent and was found with 2 good crosses, one 1st half one 2nd but couldn't convert. Rodders was unlucky with a header which hit Akes heel and then the bar to prevent us again having the lead at half time.

Despite recognising the change hadn't really worked as planned Pep didn't change it at half time. He waited until they were wilting and then put Bernie further forward and a fresh Ake to keep Saka quiet. Martinelli did fuck all in Walkers back pocket.

Arsenal have played the same 11 most of the season when available and they looked a bit jaded 2nd half. As the season goes on this will get worse for them. Partey was a big miss for them too but he's a bit fragile and likely to pick up more injuries if they play him every 3-4 days as the schedule and Europe kick back in. Jorginio is a different type to Partey and hasn't got the legs out of posession that they needed.

Once we made the change we were all over them. They lucked out when Haaland was barely just offside and as last man preventing a goalscoring chance by decking a player why was that not a red? Previous season at the Etihad Laporte did the same to Zaha on the half way line against Palace and was sent off. We all know why.

I hope they are charged for throwing stuff at Kev as he walked off around the pitch. He just laughed it off. Fucking shower of shitbags.

Thoroughly deserved win. We're better than them and have proved it twice in quick succession. The meeting at the Etihad will hopefully be a coup de gras.

Check out this Tarquin **** who has a strange one eyed, rose tinted view of Arsenal's history of "organic growth" with no mention of Danny diamond dealers investment of 3 x Arsenal's annual turnover in one year and the acquisition of half a French World Cup winning team and forgetting the shitstorm of how they acquired Herbert Chapman or their bribing of league officials to get Arsenal into league 1 when they finished outside of the promotion spots in league 2.
His tirade of good versus evil was fucking derisable at the end. I'm glad they fucking hate us. If we beat them to the title it will make my gloating all the sweeter. Oh and fuck off and shove that banner up your arse you cockney cunts!

Can we have a "Financial Abomination" banner?

Last edited:
I'm sure your English is better than the German of 99.999% of people on BM.

Arteta has one set of tactics that he learned off Pep. Pep obviously knew this and blew them out of the water with a couple of curve ball tactical tweaks, in my opinion.
Second half when we strangled the life out of them, it was as if we were saying 'lets see how good you are at what we do'. ... clearly they were never going to be as good - for one thing, they haven't been doing it for 6 and a half seasons.

Main thing is, that everbody could understand a little bit what I want so say.

I know what you mean, but the same vs. for example Bayern Munich, they would have punish us for our mistakes and benefit the chances, like the two headers from Nketiah. The first two goals from us happened because of mistakes, not because we played very well and made good runs and movements. So in my opinion we are not as good or self-assured like the last years and I‘m asking why. We still are a fucking great team, but in comparison to the last years, something is missing. Or what do you think?

Last edited:
Once again Ake was immense and from day one I can honestly say that I was delighted to have him. He tends to get "some stick" from the minority of our fans as he came from an "unfashionable" club, in Bournemouth.
I remember all the posts when he first signed " £40M for someone we don`t need, not good enough" blah, blah, blah.
As you said JHG, I hope his performance last night "shuts a few up", well said mate.
A wonderful professional, great trainer and as Pep says, never ever gives him any problems if not picked. By far and away our best defender this season.
Wasn't keen on Ake at first but he has certainly changed my mind

What a professional he is and totally deserves his place in the team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.