Arsenal (A) - Sun Oct 8th, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have major players missing that's part and parcel of football, We've also brought the seriously good players with Gvaridol, Kovacic, Nunes and Doku all of which would possibly walk into Arsenal's team.

We are sitting top of the league with Stones and KDB missing from the start of the season. It's the rest of the league that should be worrying, Not you!

All we need to do is stay in and around the top of the league until Stones and KDB are back and it's curtains for the rest of the league.

Anyway Sunday's game isn't season defining and whatever team we put out is capable of beating Arsenal.

No need to be so defeatist.
FACT CHECK = TRUE

Trust me we are bricking it facing you regardless of what AFTV may say

Ederson

Walker_Akanji_Dias_Ake

Nunes_Phillips_Kovačić

Bernardo_Haarland_Doku

Arsenal are the one side who come after us aggressively so might as well take advantage of it like everyone else does against us. Whoever plays the Rodri role will have big problems controlling this game so just have the three in there purely focused on destroying and getting it behind their high line. Wouldn't mind one of our Mancini performances there to frustrate for a 0-0.

Blue tints off, this is going to be tough.

Team wise, Akanji always plays, and usually you’d expect Ake ahead of Gvardiol in a big game however this might be the time that Josko gets the nod.

Midfield, you’ve got to assume Pep rested Kovacic with Sunday in mind, and however well Rico played I’d expect Bernie to sit deeper with Alvarez getting the start after a rest and then being the match winner on Weds.

Then to the wings, Phil is nailed on for one slot, toss up between Doku and Grealish for the other, does Pep go for control early with Jack to keep Doku back for later in game or pin White back with Doku early and hope to be winning so Jack can come on to pick free kicks up late in game. Tough call.

So in my mind, I expect this:

Eddie

Kyle
Akanji
Ruben
Gvardiol/Ake

Kovacic
Bernie

Phil
Alvarez
Jack/Doku

Haaland

Ederson

Walker_Akanji_Dias_Ake

Nunes_Phillips_Kovačić

Bernardo_Haarland_Doku

Arsenal are the one side who come after us aggressively so might as well take advantage of it like everyone else does against us. Whoever plays the Rodri role will have big problems controlling this game so just have the three in there purely focused on destroying and getting it behind their high line. Wouldn't mind one of our Mancini performances there to frustrate for a 0-0.
Phillips?!

Might also add in conjunction with my post above, if Pep is feeling confident he might go with Gvardiol and Doku to start, as Gvardiol can step into midfield to be with Kovacic and Doku will pin White back early doors so they can’t overload on the right.

Big test on Sunday especially without Rodri, but this squad normally steps up against the better teams. Both Alvarez and Doku deserve to be starting after their efforts in mid week imo.

Saka will play, but I think Trossard along with Odegaard are their most dangerous players and we will need to keep them quiet. Should be a cracking game and let's hope we get a positive result.

Unlike Wolves, Arsenal will not defend deeply and will have a go which will suit us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.