Arsenal (A) - Sun Oct 8th, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were to play our usual game with that lineup, I'd be a bit worried. The midfield is very lightweight, Lewis was fantastic midweek but he will have a lot more defensive responsibility without rodri in there and he's still far too easy dispossessed to be doing that role. they'll be going 100mph from the off, I hope he's prepared. Kovacic needs a performance and a half today to atone for the wolves shitshow. Gvardiol and Bernardo will be key players helping them out.

I don't think we will play our usual game though, I expect pep to set us up differently, not sure how, maybe play more on the counter and not look to have 90% of the game played in the middle. I also expected Bernardo to be central but unless he's gone foden and alvarez out wide it seems he's at least starting out wide.

It's far from our strongest side but it's a side that can still win this comfortably if we play to our capabilities. They're weaker without saka, and martinelli and partey only making the bench is a bonus. With a horrible weekend of results last week and what looks set to be the worst possible weekend of results elsewhere this week we cannot afford to lose this. No reason why we cannot win but would still take a draw right now.

Very attacking line up.
I think we look a little bit lightweight in the middle of the pitch.
Need Gvardiol to step into midfield with Bernardo, Foden and Alvarez helping out as well.
Up the blues!

Cant complain with that starting line up, especially as I posted it this morning! Hopefully Rico is playing as an 8 and we see Josko stepping into that Johnny Stones position alongside his Croatian mate, can see that working really nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.