Status
Not open for further replies.
Ederson
Walker Dias Stones(Akanji) Gvardiol
Lewis Nunes
Bernardo Foden Grealish
Haaland

First impact subs ; Doku ,Alvarez
I like this but Akanji for Walker and dare I say... Alvarez for Haaland.

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Bernardo
Foden
Haaland

are definite starters.

Stones/Akanji depends on fitness.
Gvardiol/Ake is likely to be Ake, but not 100% sure.
Kovacic/Nunes as the 6, unless Pep goes rogue…
Rico was superb as an 8 tonight. Would Pep trust him at Arsenal? I’d hope so.

Then does Alvarez start? If so, for who?

I‘d go

Ederson
Walker
Dias
Stones
Gvardiol
Kovacic
Lewis
Bernardo
Foden
Alvarez
Haaland

Arsenal does have the better midfield than RB Leipzig (they were missing Dani Olmo) and although Rico Lewis was good it might be a step too far for him for this one. It is a tricky one with Stones in throwing back into first team action but with Rodri serving the game last of his ban then it is needs must. As for the rest of the defence keep the same line up including Gvardiol.

Last edited:
Doku needs to play this game on the right to target Zinchenko.
I've thought about this as well and agree. I rate Zinchenko but his lack of pace is arguably his biggest deficiency as a player. Although, Doku has looked far better on the left than right for us which is odd because he almost always played on the right for Rennes.

I don't envy Pep having to make these decisions. It will only be tougher once KDB returns to the mix.

No Saka or Martinelli weakens them similar to no Rodders for us. Isnt there a query on Trossard as well? I hope its us that can exploit the drop in quality and pace that will affect them. Who comes in for their wide men if those 3 are out? Nelson & Smith Rowe?

No Saka or Martinelli weakens them similar to no Rodders for us. Isnt there a query on Trossard as well? I hope its us that can exploit the drop in quality and pace that will affect them. Who comes in for their wide men if those 3 are out? Nelson & Smith Rowe?
Both will play I think , Arteta is just playing mind games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.