Arsenal (A) - Wed 15th Feb, 19:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course, Ortega does not even begin to have Ed's skills in starting attacks, and launching that long ball up to the front man. But then, who does?
Has Ederson done that recently? It's a fantastic sight when he launches that long low pass 60 yards to put someone through on goal but I don't remember the last time he did it. The Villa keeper tried it once on Sunday and it's a good bet Pep's pupil will have Arsenal copying the trick on Wednesday night.

Ederson

Lewis Dias Laporte Ake

Rodri

KDB Gundo

Mahrez Haaland Grealish

We need Ake to go up against Saka in this one so if we lose fluidity in the build-up on the left side then Rico has to provide it on the right ahead of Walker (Whose passing was brutal yesterday)
Why would you start Lewis over Walker. I thought Trossard got the better of him in the cup match. Walker must play and I thought overall he played very well yesterday.

Edersons distribution is being countered by teams getting a bit smarter with their press. Loading Rodri and blocking passing lanes into midfield mean that Eddie has to play a simple pass or chip it longer. I seriously doubt wether his superior kicking gives him a massive advantage over Ortega anymore.

Curious to see how we’d fare with an unchanged team but I suspect Ake will come in for Bernardo, Gundogan or Mahrez.

If we can play anywhere near yesterday’s first half level, I’m confident we can get something from the game.

I just hope Pep doesn’t overthink things by being overly focused on Arsenal’s attacking threat.

Rodri vs Partey could be a key battle.

Go after Zinny again. Laporte crossfield balls over midfield and Walker pushing right up on him.

Take advantage of his lack of pace and maybe put Phil in instead of Mahrez to make it twice as painful.
i agree tolmie id go with phil over mahrez. But then again doubt pep will because he hasnt played phil jack haaland in same team since manchester derby although id love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.