Arsenal AWAY Ticket Price (merged)

Re: Arsenal AWAY Ticket Details.

ell said:
Cheltenham Paco said:
What I can't understand is how were the 'SOLD OUT' signs up weeks ago for the game?? Those 912 seats would have gone for sure, as with a lot of Londaon games as the points drop on purchase the London/Southern ex-mancs and southern Blues pick them off to complete the numbers. Has City explained this...No? Yet another fuck up by the tk office!!
Because if we dont sell the tickets we have to pay for them. There wasnt the demand and im sure Arsenal had a deadline for us to return them so they could sell them themselves
I do appreciate the issue of having to pay for the tks but, in my opinion, those tks would have gone, albeit up to this week, as the lower points' holders get in there and like I said, the 'local' Blues to London who don't/can't go so often would take them. We've been short changed on numbers before due to the lesser allocation being taken by City, undersestimating the likely following.

Looking at various dates on this thread it appears that:

17 Dec - Tickets go on sale

20 Dec - City send tickets back

31 Dec - Sold out

Wasn't this all just an over reaction by the club to a slow start to ticket sales in the week before Xmas?

if your a blue living in london this will probably be cheaper than going to a city home game to be fair!

notts blue said:
if your a blue living in london this will probably be cheaper than going to a city home game to be fair!

Clubs shit themselves nowadays when it comes to tickets. They just don't want to be left with the bill for the tickets.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
notts blue said:

Clubs shit themselves nowadays when it comes to tickets. They just don't want to be left with the bill for the tickets.

I think everyone appreciates this point and returning paid for tickets makes little sense.

However, from what I have read we had sold 2,000 tickets as of the 31/12. Some idiot in the ticket office makes a decision that with the best part of 2 weeks to go 900 tickets would not be sold. I thought this prime example of incompetent decison making had been eradicated from the club. With the rest of the season ticket holders and general chomping at the bit to get a chance of the Emirates the sold out signs go up. In reality another 2,000 could have been easily shifted. Surely the work of a rag spy in ticket office.

We are now left with the Rag loving media putting a negative spin on our away support retuning unsold tickets. It will be interesting how this is portrayed in the coverage.

If anybody at the TO involved in decision making came on here and saw the amount of people claiming they wanted a boycott then surely sending the tickets back was a logical decision. As there seemed to be a lot unwilling to pay the price. Others suggest its because city are a 'small time club' and can't sell out home or away (rags). Then there is now some criticising the TO because we could and should have sold out the fixture.

God knows what's going on.

foley87 said:
I've made a banner for Sunday. Hopefully with the journos picking up on it so will the sky cameras

Oh dear, how embarrassing.

From an Arsenal fan I know

I love the fact the Man City fans are standing up against modern football. Its an absolute scandal that football tickets cost so much. I despise that fans are being pushed out the game because of player wages. I despise that is costs £13 for fish and chips at the emirates, (not by Arsenal, they lease all food vendors out, Arsenal don't decide prices for anything) in fact I hate that its called the emirates.

Arsenal charge what they charge so that they can compete with the big boys, its the only way they can do it. It shouldn't be like that though. Get wages down, get prices down, regulate the handouts to the profiteering owners at the top. The person that suffers is the £250k a week man, the person that wins is the £16k a year man.

Give football back. The big irony is that it is Man City fans doing it, which makes it quite funny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.