Arsenal away tickets

And the hospitality
I know a lot of people in hospitality that don’t even bother applying for away games if they don’t want to go.
Those people generally have enough dosh to not care about making a few quid from selling on aways…
...and I know someone who has access to any away game he wants. He isn't a season ticket holder, very rarely goes to home games and cherry picks what away games he fancies. Just sayin'.

...and I know someone who has access to any away game he wants. He isn't a season ticket holder, very rarely goes to home games and cherry picks what away games he fancies. Just sayin'.
Cool story.
Give us a clue though. Does he know someone with loads of points, or someone with a hospitality ST, or does he know a player or senior staff member?

No new Gold SCs issued for the last two years. Any non-renewals sold at match day prices.

Match day prices increasing massively (sic)

Most in-demand away match tickets being siphoned off to the highest bidders.

Can anyone spot a trend here? Yes, it's all about maximising income so from a club commercial perspective they will think why should we 'give away' away tickets just because a large proportion of the support base has been going for years. Equally, they won't be thinking that they will need this core support 'if' we decline in the future as they won't be here by then. You have to assume that this is being driven by demands from the very top so either Khaldoon or our owner. Football at the top level is a business first and foremost. Yes that requires footballing success but the days of moderately wealthy local businessmen running them as an interest or because they are actually supporters are over.

What are the chances of changing the club's strategy on any of the issues at the beginning of my rambling post? Zero in my view.

I'd say the current way of allocating tickets needs a shake up. It can't be right that ST holders of 10+ years have no chance of an away ticket. There needs to be some sort of ballot taking place for ST holders of at least 5 years. I'm sure I'll take some pelters from the 25.000+ points holders, but we need to open it up to long term fans and at the same time remove the tourists from the away following.
I wouldn't say this is a "pelter" from someone who is over those points, but I think the club would only give a ballot on a % within the current (alleged!) 55% of tickets which go to fans points total, which really for me is not what we want as a fanbase, we want our away end to be filled with proper supporters as much as it can be.

More season ticket holders should have the opportunity to watch City away from home and as much as I've posted on here over the years pointing out that there are plenty of opportunities to watch City away if you look beyond the glamour fixtures, it does feel like more tickets are getting in the hands of people who have very little feelings towards the club - unfortunately I don't think City want this to stop and if anything they want to encourage it. The word "transparency" has been used a lot over the years regarding ticket allocations, I don't think we'll ever really get it.

I was at Arsenal on Sunday and I earwigged the two American's behind me say one was a City fan and one was an Arsenal fan, sadly I've just become a bit numb to the whole thing, Arsenal has always been one of those fixtures which attracts the tourist types.

And the hospitality
I know a lot of people in hospitality that don’t even bother applying for away games if they don’t want to go.
Those people generally have enough dosh to not care about making a few quid from selling on aways…

Away games for hospitality are balloted so no guarantee of getting them

Teams may have offered other increased allocations on a reciprocal basis, that is the only way we could ever increase allocations and mitigate the current issue to some degree. While some grounds would make this difficult, the £30 away cap has makes it impossible from a financial perspective.

Well the Trafford United game is an irrelevance so Gunners more important. They probably play ‘better’ football than Trafford. :-) :-)
That’s true but the cynic in me says maybe the “newer over seas branches” find London a better option for tourism:)

Or maybe a lot think I’ve no hope in a United ticket I’ll go for an Arsenal one instead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.