Arsenal fans, is there another set of fans as bitter?

Arsenal fans treatment of Nasri was disgraceful, They cannot seem to understand why their players want to leave.

A.) They're shit at the moment
B.) They have owners unwilling to spend on any star players
C.) Silverware does not seem likely in the foreseeable future

Also laughed my arse off when Piers Morgan was giving it 'champions 20' and 'How's the hunt for silverware going' to Nasri, only to be silenced weeks later when his bet that city wouldn't win the league went down the Shitter.

72blue said:
Arsenal fans treatment of Nasri was disgraceful, They cannot seem to understand why their players want to leave.

A.) They're shit at the moment
B.) They have owners unwilling to spend on any star players
C.) Silverware does not seem likely in the foreseeable future

Also laughed my arse off when Piers Morgan was giving it 'champions 20' and 'How's the hunt for silverware going' to Nasri, only to be silenced weeks later when his bet that city wouldn't win the league went down the Shitter.

Yet the deluded knobhead still calls him cringe-worthingly "Le Mercanrie" despite him winning the premier league. Sums there fan base up really.

Whilst I recognise the right of fans of all the teams we've surpassed to get to the the top (Rags, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Villa) to be aggrieved, it is often misplaced anger. Arsenal, Everton and Villa, whose players we bought, and have been by far the most bitter in my opinion, have all received big transfer fees for the players we bought. Transfer fees way above market value. So why, having being given inflated transfer fees, are you angry at us? Be angry at your boards for not spending. Arsenal fans are also typically the ones who whinge about City inflating the transfer market. Firstly, rapid inflation in the transfer market started long before us. The most we've paid for a player is £35 million. The last time the world transfer record was £35 million was 2000 for Hernan Crespo, so an 11 year lag between our highest transfer fee and the record. How's it our fault? Secondly, what an absurd excuse to use when the club, with the exception of Lescott and Milner, most responsible for us paying inflated fees are Arsenal. If anyone's helping to inflate the market, it's Arsenal, and Liverpool.

Oh, and I don't think there's a club in that list who hasn't been owned by a wealthy person who has injected considerable money at some point in the club's history.

I met some down in London after the match and they were a horrible bunch of rude twats. I had half an hour to kill before getting a train to Devon. So thought a pint is in order, I sat down next to a bunch of older Arsenal blokes and congratulated them on the victory saying they played we and deserved it. 'Fack off' was the response.

On the train back to Devon bumped into some top blues and got pissed with them. On the way to the drinks bar I bumped into some more Arsenal fans. One comment about the money and I gave it both barrels (Dutch courage) all about their history and the injection of cash (Bergkamp, Platt etc...), the price of their tickets, the Arsenal board etc... To be fair to them the guy who made the comment ended up looking stupid and his mates were laughing at him.

Went back with a hand full of tinnies and carried on getting pissed with a load of Devon Blues who follow City up and down the country

What you have to remember is they were one of the powerhouses of our league along with United and Liverpoo. Ok they may not have won anything for a while now, same with Liverpoo relatively speaking, but they were established nonetheless. Then we come along from nowhere and gazump their players and win the league in no time at all, again relatively speaking. They're bound to be bitter and I reckon that is what Hansen's beef is too, that we just came along with our money and went to town instead of doing it the 'right' way. They also can see that as long as we are around, there's not a hope in hell they will win much at all, especially the league.
It's just typical football fans' jealousy.

I remember a few times at Maine rd when arsenal had totally destroyed city in the 1st 20 minutes, city fans applauded them and came back with humour? Their attitude towards city has been one of jealousy hatred and venom, I will say it again when they showed their arses at the ADE goal celebration was the biggest payback by a player I have ever witnessed, outside before the game they sang about his parents during the game and after !!! Then that same day after the game you had watmore on talkshite saying ADE will be dealt with by the FA looking for a ban which basically weakened city before the 4. 3 derby? Their club seem to be using city to deflect any faults they have within their own club!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.