Arsenal game 17th June.

Once again you aren’t looking deeply enough into it. Even if fans were the overwhelming reason for home advantage, which they aren’t, a headline figure of a 46% win ration is hardly overwhelming proof of the power of playing at home. But once you factor in my earlier point that when teams are relatively evenly matched the win ratio for home teams drops to 29% then the unimportance of fans in influencing the outcome becomes even more apparent.
No because you premise was based on bookies odds which already take home advantage into account for fucks sake. How do you not realise that?????

You are twice as likely to win a home match, than an away match across 20 years of PL football taking into account every team plays every other team home and away. Twice as likely is a hugely overwhelming proof.

We will see, from the remaining 90 games, if that carries true without fans.

Refer you to the answer I gave your pal. Have you anything sensible to contribute or just juvenile prattle like him ?
He most certainly is not my pal, nothing against him though. But if you are going to type shite, utter shite, such as home advantage makes more or less no difference, then expect to be advised it is shite. The truth isn’t juvenile fucking prattle

No because you premise was based on bookies odds which already take home advantage into account for fucks sake. How do you not realise that.

You are twice as likely to win a home match, than an away match across 20 years of PL football taking into account every team plays every other team home and away. Twice as likely is a hugely overwhelming proof.

We will see, from the remaining 90 games, if that carries true without fans.
You don’t get it. When a team is, in the example I used 1.50 or less then mere home advantage has only played a small part in working out that price, a much more determining factor is the perceived ability of each team

For example in our all conquering title run last season if were we at home to an average / mug team our price would be roughly 1.10 to 1.15 ie an 85 to 90% chance of winning. Away from home it’d be between say 1.15 and 1.30 at a stretch ie 77 to 87 %. So there’s not a lot of difference between home and away prices.

Once again you aren’t looking deeply enough into it. Even if fans were the overwhelming reason for home advantage, which they aren’t, a headline figure of a 46% win ration is hardly overwhelming proof of the power of playing at home. But once you factor in my earlier point that when teams are relatively evenly matched the win ratio for home teams drops to 29% then the unimportance of fans in influencing the outcome becomes even more apparent.
Over the lifetime of the premier league the home team is 77% more likely to win than the away team. Given that every team plays every other team home and away every season that’s extremely mathematically conclusive that playing at home is a huge advantage. Now if it isn’t crowd support that gives this advantage I am wondering what you think are the factors that cause this disparity? Is it familiarity of surroundings, maybe players are so very tired after travelling, or maybe as I said earlier, your point (at least this time) is fucking shite

He most certainly is not my pal, nothing against him though. But if you are going to type shite, utter shite, such as home advantage makes more or less no difference, then expect to be advised it is shite. The truth isn’t juvenile fucking prattle
You’ve got the wrong end of the stick. I said fans make more or less no difference. Home advantage makes some difference although not as much as people think as illustrated in the stats I presented to swp.

I’ve got a home treble in the Bundesliga tomorrow... A fool and his money, as they say!

You don’t get it. When a team is, in the example I used 1.50 or less then mere home advantage has only played a small part in working out that price, a much more determining factor is the perceived ability of each team

For example in our all conquering title run last season if were we at home to an average / mug team our price would be roughly 1.10 to 1.15 ie an 85 to 90% chance of winning. Away from home it’d be between say 1.15 and 1.30 at a stretch ie 77 to 87 %. So there’s not a lot of difference between home and away prices.
Oh my fucking Christ. It’s not about a team that’s on for circa 100 points a season. Only three time have teams scored more than 95 points so of course City were short in every fucking game.

Odds reflect everything including home advantage. Spurs vs Arsenal as an example has the home team favourite in each game for the last five years. You can’t therefore discount games where the bookies make one team a heavy favourite. Bookies odds are completely useless for this discussion BECAUSE they already factor in home advantage.

You’ve already seen that on average, a home team is nearly twice as likely to win a game then an away team (46% vs 26%). Bookies odds don’t come into it.

Over the lifetime of the premier league the home team is 77% more likely to win than the away team. Given that every team plays every other team home and away every season that’s extremely mathematically conclusive that playing at home is a huge advantage. Now if it isn’t crowd support that gives this advantage I am wondering what you think are the factors that cause this disparity? Is it familiarity of surroundings, maybe players are so very tired after travelling, or maybe as I said earlier, your point (at least this time) is fucking shite
You’re not looking beyond the obvious headline figure. A crucial question is how many times did the home team beat the away team not because they were at home but because they were the better team. Refer you to my stats re City last season for an example of this.

You’re not looking beyond the obvious headline figure. A crucial question is how many times did the home team beat the away team not because they were at home but because they were the better team. Refer you to my stats re City last season for an example of this.
But every team plays each other team home and away so that’s taken out of the equation when looking at 20 plus years of data.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.