Arsenal (H) - FA Cup - Fri 27th Jan, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll come out swinging and we need to match them for speed and commitment right from the whistle. We can do that and showed it the other night against Spurs in the second half. If we play our dozy football (which isn't actually “our” football, and I don't recognise it frankly) we could find ourselves two down before we've even got into gear.
As I say, right from the whistle. Speed, commitment, accuracy in passing, movement. If we do that, we've got nothing to fear.

Not if Arteta plays the kids if they do it’s a win win lose or win

Arteta will not play the kids. They're not in the league cup, they're not playing the CL. They don't have an overload of fixtures, they didn't even have that many at the WC. This game will be psychologically important, whichever way it goes.

they have intensity everywhere. Partey had some sick quick runs in both directions. Zinchenko aint particularly speedy but was aggressive going forward which makes opponent worried.
Odegaard can dictate good tempo, Saka and Martinelli both have speed and quick feet.

unfortunately they had good balance, the Partey-Xhaka duo provides plenty of defensive help to defenders, by the way similar set up at the back, left back bit more attacking, White who was a CB at Brighton often plays at RB same as Stones/Walker for us in a way that they create a back three while Zinchenko allowed to help out building attacks from deep and even move towards midfield.

but we mostly have Rodri to help the defence, they have Xhaka/Partey plus Saka and Martinelli does track back more and press better imo than Grealish/Mahrez for example.

all this together helps them defensively a lot.

they dont prefer to slow games down, thats a big difference to Peps tactics. we didnt do that either when we had a speedy Sane-Kun-Sterling trio with a somewhat younger Silva, KDB, Dinho powerful midfield...

problem is their names still not even close imo to our players in that period, still their point average is same so far.

this season has just clicked for them, i really hope there is a very bad patch coming for them, but will be surprised if they dont make 90 points+ season from here on.

we need the dross teams stand up to them very quickly and make them suffer.

they have intensity everywhere. Partey had some sick quick runs in both directions. Zinchenko aint particularly speedy but was aggressive going forward which makes opponent worried.
Odegaard can dictate good tempo, Saka and Martinelli both have speed and quick feet.

unfortunately they had good balance, the Partey-Xhaka duo provides plenty of defensive help to defenders, by the way similar set up at the back, left back bit more attacking, White who was a CB at Brighton often plays at RB same as Stones/Walker for us in a way that they create a back three while Zinchenko allowed to help out building attacks from deep and even move towards midfield.

but we mostly have Rodri to help the defence, they have Xhaka/Partey plus Saka and Martinelli does track back more and press better imo than Grealish/Mahrez for example.

all this together helps them defensively a lot.

they dont prefer to slow games down, thats a big difference to Peps tactics. we didnt do that either when we had a speedy Sane-Kun-Sterling trio with a somewhat younger Silva, KDB, Dinho powerful midfield...

problem is their names still not even close imo to our players in that period, still their point average is same so far.

this season has just clicked for them, i really hope there is a very bad patch coming for them, but will be surprised if they dont make 90 points+ season from here on.

we need the dross teams stand up to them very quickly and make them suffer.
It’s funny in that regard, they seem to have inherited someone else’s inhalers, judging by the energy in their displays this season.

I think just as we did playing them at their most intense peak, it’s all about riding out the first half hour at least against Arsenal. I wouldn’t have a problem with nil nil at half time; I think our best chances to score against them will come in the last half hour.

Much as Arteta and Arsenal fans might suggest that losing wouldn't be the end of the world, the inescapable fact is that it will be a loss to their main rivals and a dent in their momentum. It will put something in their heads for the long run in, and they know that City have a history of chasing down to get the title. Both teams will take the positive from a defeat - the run-in becomes less hectic.
Neither team has a midweek game in the following 2 weeks, so no obvious need for Arteta to rest players - nor Pep. It'll be a fascinating night, starting an hour before K.O. when the teams are announced.
Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.