Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

We had played less than 48 hours beforehand at the Emirates, another away at Brentford, with a left-back who had been beaten up in his home the night before and still won.

Our form isn't disconcerting, Arsenal's has been excellent and you will have to be nigh on perfect to still best this City team, such is the benchmark we have set for ourselves and the league in general.

The Arsenal game last season is totally looked at in a skewed manner from Arsenal fans. At the time City had a COVID outbreak and had a game forty eight previous.

Arsenal had no European football and had bombed out of most cups. They had no game after boxing day so had the entire week to prepare.

We were without Foden, Grealish, Zinchenko and Stones and had a game forty eight hours before.

I'm not surprised Arsenal were more fresh and up for it.

5 things I'm taking away from tonight.
1. Long balls to Haaland work.
So nearly led to a goal, Rob Holding couldn't cope all night, had tons of help from Paul (Fucking) Tierney and still ended up booked and taken off at half time. This has to be part of our game plan. Haaland seemed to enjoy the battle.

2. Ake is Ace.
Great finish, kept a massively in-form Saka completely anonymous. I like Cancelo for his attacking strength but Ake is the best defensive left back we have by a country mile.

3. Gundogan + De Bruyne + Rodri = Too Slow.
I hate to say it cos I love Gundo, but in difficult games we need pace in midfield and you ain't dropping Rodders or Kev.

4. We need to keep Bernardo Silva.
Please ... whatever it takes ... get him an "ILovePortugal" T-Shirt ... buy his Mrs a dildo the size of Belgium to keep her happy ... do anything to get him to sign a new deal. If the effort and ability that Bernardo put in tonight is him on wind-down then God Help the opposition if he's ever motivated. I love this guy and I think we'll only realise how good he is when we don't have him anymore.

5. Arsenal are the real deal but we can still do this!
That was a fucking hard game. Space was at a premium and it was a constant struggle to get through their press. They have skill and strength and that wasn't even their first eleven. Having said that, their main threat is Saka and he was in Ake's back pocket throughout. In fact Ake got so bored he had to score a goal to Iiven himself up. They also visibly tired on 70 minutes and even with subs + chasing-the-game they were unable to get the ball off us by the end. We will need to be 90-100% perfect to win both league games against them but Pep will have learnt loads from tonight and we definitely gained a psychological advantage. As well as a step closer to another FA Cup :)

Note to Self : Don't start writing lists at 1:30am
The Arsenal game last season is totally looked at in a skewed manner from Arsenal fans. At the time City had a COVID outbreak and had a game forty eight previous.

Arsenal had no European football and had bombed out of most cups. They had no game after boxing day so had the entire week to prepare.

We were without Foden, Grealish, Zinchenko and Stones and had a game forty eight hours before.

I'm not surprised Arsenal were more fresh and up for it.
great post

I wouldn’t say that’s the case mate tbh , he’s not in the squad for a reason , and I’d say it’s not injury related, there is definitely something going on in the dressing room, you don’t drop off in intensity as a team like we have done for no reason, we are hiding behind the adapting to Haaland excuse. Gundogan himself said it feels different, that we are lacking something , players at City, or Pep for that fact have kept it in house , why all of a sudden are we hearing(from the players , and Pep) that something has changed ?

A World Cup injures playing differently now we have Haaland players what leave! its a transitional season! Any other manager we would be where chelsea Liverpool are! Just because we not player that well not top by 5 points means some fans have to think there is more to it than that! Of and that is a lot going on this season! Fans should keep there powder dry for when pep goes that’s when they’ll be something to moan about because we will fall back into the pack maybe even not qualify for champs league a season or two!

I love a moan but some fans on here just because some players ain’t playing and some want out are going well overboard with there thinking!

You do know like most teams we play a lot better at home. Do you guys play better on the road because first half you were outplayed. Haaland was contained. You created little to nothing but a couple chances. To me those are positives in a loss
And you put your big guns on as soon as you went a goal behind , and did fuck all

You do know like most teams we play a lot better at home. Do you guys play better on the road because first half you were outplayed. Haaland was contained. You created little to nothing but a couple chances. To me those are positives in a loss
Yeah you played alright first half but we were the better team after the break.

To me, if Ake contains Saka, like he did yesterday and Walker can contain Martinelli, we will beat you...again!

Oh and as for Haaland, all you could do was foul him, that Holding should've seen red, some of his fouls were so blatant and how he wasn't booked for at least two before he actually was, was baffling! He's played against all your top CH's now and will have learn't a lot.

A gentle reminder that we are the current Champions and going for the "threepeat" (as you would say) so we've been here before and Pep will have learn't a lot from yesterday. Your lot better be ready!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.