Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Bottom line its a forum it’s gossip!!

it could be an injury, it could be about playing time, it could be something in foden personal life!

I fined it pretty distasteful how some Man City fans and some none city fans on here talk about one of city best ever young kids..
I wouldn’t say that’s the case mate tbh , he’s not in the squad for a reason , and I’d say it’s not injury related, there is definitely something going on in the dressing room, you don’t drop off in intensity as a team like we have done for no reason, we are hiding behind the adapting to Haaland excuse. Gundogan himself said it feels different, that we are lacking something , players at City, or Pep for that fact have kept it in house , why all of a sudden are we hearing(from the players , and Pep) that something has changed ?

Another good win yesterday, we played well 2nd half.

Walker, Laporte, Bernardo and Alvarez all played well and we looked and played a lot better when they came on. A great goal, starting with that rocket shot from Alvarez, i would've loved seeing that go in and another couple of very good games from Ake and Grealish, they're beginning to have good chemistry down the left now and Grealish is undroppable at the moment. He's taken it to another level and looks to be playing with confidence. Him running at pace at the defence is a huge plus for us and he's looking like the player we signed.

Another plus was we got to see them put on some of their big names and we still looked the better team!

I'm looking forward to playing them again, we're better than them!

What were the positive? We had more possession, more passes, more shots, more shots on target and crucially more goals. After a couple of early shots you really created nothing.

You are falling for the illusion that you had 46% possession whereas you have had <30% in previous years. But that was Pep's plan - we played it a bit more conservatively (which you can take as a compliment) but we eventually turned up the heat in the 2nd half and dominated enough to get the win. I can see the game at the Emirates going a similar way.
You do know like most teams we play a lot better at home. Do you guys play better on the road because first half you were outplayed. Haaland was contained. You created little to nothing but a couple chances. To me those are positives in a loss

You do know like most teams we play a lot better at home. Do you guys play better on the road because first half you were outplayed. Haaland was contained. You created little to nothing but a couple chances. To me those are positives in a loss
Outplayed ? You mean you got two saves from our keeper? Outplayed ? Ffs man get a grip! You do realise it’s 90 minutes ? It’s like the first half of your season for you isn’t containing a second string City , if we get our better players at it second half of the season (like the second half last night with changes ) then Artetas head is going to fall off , your fanbase of all people should realise that , but you’re that far up on the giddy as fuck o-meter through years of winning nothing of note your like a teenager on his first date after a bit of finger pie.

Last edited:
I've done them all, rags, scouse shit, Chelsea but fuck me, what a bunch of entitled wankers this lot were. Got off the tram before the match to be greeted with 'Where Were You etc. I told the investment banker, whose mummy had packed his sandwiches what I thought of him.
He was joined by 10 others who were in the same Boy Scouts who all had to laugh at our shit ground/fans. After saying to the fucker 'Have you got a season ticket because you've certainly got a fucking big mouth' I decide that ten on one was not good odds as I didn't know what a reef knot was. A bigger set of entitled posh boys I've never met.

I thought it was a fairly easy win. It wasn't like playing Liverpool in recent years in my opinion.
Agreed but it was still very cagey and nervy. Trossard was having our defenders on toast. He’s going to be a great signing for 21M. Overall I was happy Arteta didn’t go full strength.

Last edited:
No i dont mean they arent a world class talent, it just means somethings missing from their legacy. Like van basten.

But... Marco Van Basten WAS world class!

Are you on about longevity? Being at a level for x amount of time?

For John Stones only injury stops him being touted as so. The talent, otherwise, is absolutely there.

He has pace, power, timing, reading of the game, skill out of defence and the eye for a progressive pass. He's not just a hoof merchant defender as he can also play as a DM as we've seen.

All this has improved with age so, essentially, he has put this all together in the last couple of years. Not sure who else, on the main stage, has that much more of a skill set.

For me comfortably world top ten, outside of injury, defo European top five and maybe top five in the professional world game.

That's just me though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.