Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

First half was the same as all season, simply not good enough. Second half was better as it has been all season. Really pleased to beat these. Mentally for us more than them it's a good win. Now lets see which one out of man utd and liverpool we get drawn against in the 5th round (i assume these two cunts are both still in it - i can't fucking remember)

Really interesting game.

Well done Pep for “going long” to Haaland a lot. Very, very unusual for us to play that way, but I felt it took Arsenal very much by surprise and disrupted what their game plan would have been.

Felt Pep also read the subs well. Right time, right players, right idea.

Think he also made the right call replacing Lewis who has been fucking excellent but wasn’t at it tonight for me.

Thought Grealish had a cracking game. Ran at them and seemed to have been given more licence to roam, even popping up on the right a few times. His play for our goal was excellent.

All plaudits to Ake. Man has been our POTS so far imo. Mr Calm, Collected and Consistent.

Found Arsenal a bit underwhelming given their lofty position. Felt our extensive experience neutralised their youthful exuberance well.

Cracking performance showing we have other strings to our bow when needed and can really use Haaland in a way we’ve not been able to use a striker for years.

Really important psychologically as well. Puts a little seed of doubt in their heads and stops their momentum.
Agree with everything you have said but I fear for you once the “we’re absolute shite” crowd finishes their twelfth pint.

We won. Job done.

We were one paced AGAIN in the first, & stepped it up slightly in the second, but we STILL seemed to be playing well within ourselves. Luckily we didn't need to test if we had Turbo-Mode available if Arsenal equalised.

Arsenal pressed us very high, forcing us to play long to Haaland, which is VERY un-Manchester City-like. However Haaland seemed to relish the physical scrap he was having & he seems to be putting much more all round effort in with every game.

It was good to see Walker & Bernardo getting some good minutes. Aké had a good match & took his goal well.

Partey going off created more space in the midfield, which we took full advantage of.

We still look a bit off & I sense a couple of seasons of transition & change within the squad is coming.

We've changed our style of play to suit Haaland & Haaland seems to be changing his style of play to better fit City. We just need to better bridge who we were, to who we now are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.