Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Just about deserved it. We're a better side than Arsenal but they ran us close, a young side with lots of energy. When we play them in the league I hope we put out a faster more energetic midfield. The introduction of Bernardo and Julian was important and gave us the edge. Kevin, Rhodri and Gundo are too slow as a midfield.

Stones is our best centre back. Ake has been very good this season and is our best option defensively at LB.
I thought Stones was below par today against Trossard. Ake was bloody good including his goal. That was a top performance and I loved how they played the game out from 70 mins. Bernie, Kyle and Julian made a bloody huge difference.

Really concerns me that any team who stands off us and man marks KDB completely nullified our build up. We were clueless how to get the ball out of our own half for a large part of that match. The build up is so slow and rotten it’s a wonder we are scoring as much as we are
I think long balls to Haaland were intentional because of their man marking up front and it worked reasonably well. The problem with KdB he does not have so much freedom moving around and the only passes are to Haaland or to nobody. Blame Pep it is him who totally rewrote his tactical notebook and all with intention to squeeze Haaland in. Rodri proved again he is indomitable when left on his own in MF and Gundogan much better with KdB off the pitch. The game turned out quite well for us, City at 50% beat Arsenal and constantly hitting 100%.

Only at the end and the tone of voice is enough. He’s reluctant about it, naturally of course. :-)
I do have it on although granted not all the time as I get extremely nervous when I’m not there.
As for the mard insult I think if you read my posts you’ll realise that is the last thing I can be accused of!!
Over enthusiastic, daft as a brush, silly old woman yes I’ll accept but mard no I am not. :-)
Haha well don’t be daft as brush then, there’s been a few comments already all saying both were fine with good things to say about city. Seen a lot worse that’s for sure

Good result uninspiring performance. I really want to see an entertaining City again but we seem miles away from it at present, there doesn't seem to be much substance to our play. Ake definitely motm closely followed by Akanji. Watch us get the rags or Spurs in round 5 now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.