Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

We weren’t pinned back we were doing the usual passing about the back like often happens in first halves.
Prefer to get it moved forward quicker personally but we were not pinned back or under pressure. Totally under control. Just nonsense. The mindset of some people on here is so depressing.
Only part of that I agree with is that we need to move it quicker.....oh and thats with not a full strength Arsenal team and our first 11 on the pitch baring Ederson

I do and I also remember we had no adequate replacements
Tevez Džeko and Balotelli, Džeko Negredo and Jovetic, Otamendi Stones and Laporte?

Even with Jesus Sterling and Jesus we were the league’s top scorers and outscored some previous City teams even with Agüero and depth.

Not much in it the first half. Arsenal looked like they had more energy but we had the slightly better control.
We’re ageing in areas of the pitch. It’s clear to see. But we have the experience and hopefully that counts. We will need to start getting in some young blood at some point soon that’s for sure. The league games will be tough and will be interesting to see that’s for sure

Absolutely had to get the win with the team we put out compared to theirs and we did so job done. I'm not sure it will have much of a psychological blow to them though in truth, they know they've got much more than that in their locker come the league game and it was a tight game, didn't exactly blow them away. for us, it was simply avoiding a mental blow ourselves and to try find some form or rhythm. We got the result, buzzing with the win, now we build on it.

Media have been bigging it up as the top of the table clash, it certainly didn't play like the city vs Liverpool games, was disappointingly lacking in quality from both sides. Thought we lacked energy yet again, it's all just too slow. The more direct approach to Haaland has a lot of promise though and he did very well however the rest of the team didn't adapt to it. Got a week before the next game for once, hopefully peps got new ideas and we can freshen up our game because we need something to spark us into life, we're not currently playing good enough consistently enough to win trophies.

I was at work so only managed to catch the 2nd half but it seemed alright to me? The comments on here suggest otherwise but I quite enjoyed that game. Good win, nice shot from Alvarez, great skill from Jack and always nice to see a defender score a goal as sweet as that. Thought our controlling of the game after their corner blitz was good too.
They had to throw all their best toys on in H2 to try and salvage something….but ssshhhh don’t tell anyone, they played a second 11 (taps nose knowingly)

Great result. Fine margins. Controlled with not as much careless and sloppy play as in some games.

What Arsenal showed is that we have lost some intensity and do not move the ball as quick as we did? Pep knows if these drop below a certain level then we do not win games.

With Laporte, we were better at back and more in control and he played some good forward passes. His pairing with Akanji looks very solid.

Bernardo coming on allowed Gundo to drop back into the back 3 at times and help Rodri more, moving into space to receive a pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.