Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Might get ridiculed for this opinion but our best midfield doesn't include Kev right now. Bernardo, Gundogan and Rodri is so well balanced that should be the starting midfield
Sadly i think you are right Kev looks knackered.Gundo not affecting the game.The one thing we need to be better at is knowing the right time to move players on.

What's going on with KDB. Apart from from one almost great shot , not much contribution ?)

shot
Bit of a waste of space not KDB because he is missing another body in front of their back four as he has most of the creative work on his shoulders now.
City have to play completely differently now with H up front and week after week the players are showing that they aren’t comfy with it.

I’m torn between “a win is a win” and being disturbed by how poor we were for long periods especially first half and just after half time.

Tonight was the first time I’ve thought Haaland looked visibly pissed off at the balls not coming into him.
What did you think of his hold up play and lay offs. Definitely needs to up his control.

He was trying too hard to impress against us for me, and he kept committing fouls even after he'd been booked.

All looked fine at the end, and I'm sure once he had calmed down he was with our lads for a bit, he's a good lad, but a bit over the top in his efforts tonight, which is a shame because his normal game is not like that.
I disagree there, his normal game is exactly like that.
There were numerous games for us when he'd get emotionally overwrought and he'd run all over the place and throw himself at everything, usually to the detriment of the team and the result.
He's a player who's a good solid professional until his emotions take over and then he becomes a liability.

Might be just another clean sheet but I thought that was our best defensive performance for some time - no bizarre concessions, no mistakes, just good solid defending across the line, side to side and back to front.

How times was Haaland fouled, I lost count. What I did count was that he never got one free kick. Tierney was not applying the LotG impartially - might surprise some but it's the common standard with the whistling wankers who turn up at the Etihad. One example was from the first half, he was pushed, maintained some element of balance and it was odds on he hit the deck, but only after gravity got the better of him, and, fuck me, they got the free kick. And what was it that 'caught' Erling's head that kept him down so long? A careless arm, elbow?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.