Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

It doesn’t matter who we play or where we play them. We are better than anyone and 99 times out of 100 the only team that beats Manchester City is Manchester City. Performances like this convince me of it.

Our motivation and application is very poor at times by the standards/abilities of the players we have but the last 15 minutes was very professional, very clever and great in game management by the players and it was definitely the right call to bring Bernardo on for that.

Great win tonight in a much better second half compared with the first. Great performances by Ake, Ortega and Grealish once again.

It’s coming blues.

We played a very talented and well coached side who sit 5 points above us in the league with a game in hand - and won. You don't do that without playing well, regardless of whether we 'looked' like we were at our best.

To use the old cliche, it felt like a game of two halves: youthful exuberance and energy took the first half, whereas experience and knowhow took the second.

To me, the signs are positive and point to the fact we are beginning to hit our stride, so this victory shouldn't be overlooked as being insignificant because we didn't put 5 past Arsenal, it should be celebrated as a difficult and hard-fought win.

Last edited:
Sadly i think you are right Kev looks knackered.Gundo not affecting the game.The one thing we need to be better at is knowing the right time to move players on.
Gundogan is out of contract in the summer
KDB has another four years I think

To get the best out of KDB we need runners and we only have Haaland

If we lost heavily then it would be more concerning for the League games. If we lost narrowly it would of mattered that much

More Importantly did Tommy Hutch get any books sold ?

Think there is a whole thread about this, bit of an 'own goal' from Tommy Hutch apparently, sad as when I was a kid I idolised him.

And he also showed that we’re under his skin by resting a load of his best players and didn’t fancy going toe-to-toe with us. Proper shit out of it, and that’s a huge thing mentally for us.

If I was Pep tonight I’d be hammering home how they didn’t have the guts to come and play us tonight. Arsenal looked like they didn’t want to be there.
Completely agree.
They didn’t pick Ramsdale, Zinchenko, Martinelli and Odergard. We didn’t pick, Ederson, Walker, Diaz, LaPorte, Cancello, Bernado, Phillips, Foden and Alvarez.
Of their 4, who gets in our first 11? Save for the bollox talked about Zinchenko in other threads, the simple answer is not one of them…….
On the other hand, imagine Arteta could pick from those 9 I’ve mentioned.…..

Some Arsenal Bellend on talkshite claiming there were 10k empty seats in the city ends

Forgot how insufferable these arrogant wankers are!! Singing is this a library.., these cockney twats actually had a stadium nicknamed the library
Ha ha I heard him as well, City bingo, honestly every Arsenal fan coming on saying it’s good they went out, if they’d won they’d be fucking all over it. I hope Dyche takes points off them next week and we beat Spurs then we will see who’s best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.