Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Can somebody explain to me why Trossard's second yellow card is in any way contentious? Could be booked for the foul itself, then boots the ball into orbit when clearly aware that Oliver has blown the whistle - how can it not be a yellow card?
Because Doku did exactly the same thing earlier in the game and got nothing.

Can somebody explain to me why Trossard's second yellow card is in any way contentious? Could be booked for the foul itself, then boots the ball into orbit when clearly aware that Oliver has blown the whistle - how can it not be a yellow card?

It was a clear second yellow and showed contempt and arrogance. This was probably because Oliver had been pretty lenient with them up to then, not least taking no action on the thuggery on Rodri straight from the kick off. Kudos to him for having the bottle to send panda eyes off.

Because Doku did exactly the same thing earlier in the game and got nothing.

He didn't though. The ref and players pointed to where the free kick should be taken from and he passed it back there. He didn't boot the ball into orbit. It also prevented Arsenal from cheating yet again, as they were trying to gain an advantage by taking the free kick further forward from it's original position.

Home late from game. Had enough time to watch MotD2 highlights and hit the hay.

Another frustrating game against a horrible club.

Unfortunate on their first because Oliver got the restart of play wrong. Defending for their two corners was not good enough but our keeper was deliberately impeded, I thought he‘d been fouled at the time but we sit on halfway so difficult to be sure. On TV it is not cut and dried a foul but not something a purist would approve of.

I would have liked City to have changed approach more in second half. Try wingers in their natural side to try and get behind them. Whip rather than waft most of the crosses in. Drop one of midfield deeper to quartet back proceedings rather than leave it to Dias but they would have sent someone out to close that.

Truth is getting past a back 9 as well drilled as theirs is difficult, the extra man keeps you up against them but not much help in breaking them down, although I would have liked the wingers to sat wider. We missed KDB and probably Rodri for the second half assault but the probability, based on both team’s approaches, was that City would eventually score although I’d almost given up hope; thank goodness Jack and John broke the deadlock.

Second half yesterday we reverted back to last season, ponderous, predictable and dull, we made it easy for the Arsenal defenders.

We need to learn to draw a defensive team out of their comfort zone at times , then hit them hard on the counter.

Playing possession football outside their box is easy for them and fuck me our long range shooting is shocking for such a group of talented players.

When we do get the ball out wide and decide to make a cross, the ball is lobbed into the area, again making it so easy to defend, put the ball in with some pace and take a chance.

One huge positive is our clubs hatred for the arsenal, players , fans and management hate them with a passion, which is a great sign in our 5 in a row pursuit.

He didn't though. The ref and players pointed to where the free kick should be taken from and he passed it back there. He didn't boot the ball into orbit. It also prevented Arsenal from cheating yet again, as they were trying to gain an advantage by taking the free kick further forward from it's original position.
To be fair Dokus was more of a card than Rice's the other week, the rule hasn't been applied consistently.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.