Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Did you watch MOTD2, the Doku incident was highlighted and dismissed by Shearer and Given because Oliver was clearly indicating where the free kick should be taken from, which was where Doku kicked it to.
Didn't need to watch it , was there and it happened right in front of me, I expected a card to come out when he did it.

He didn't though. The ref and players pointed to where the free kick should be taken from and he passed it back there. He didn't boot the ball into orbit. It also prevented Arsenal from cheating yet again, as they were trying to gain an advantage by taking the free kick further forward from it's original position.
Happened right in front of where I sit and you are bang on the money

To be fair Dokus was more of a card than Rice's the other week, the rule hasn't been applied consistently.

What !! Doku was passing the ball to where the ref was pointing.
Rice flicked the ball 90degrees from where the free kick was to be taken. How is Doku more a yellow card for doing what the ref wanted ?

Arsenal fans trying to claim bias saying Doku kicked the ball away and was not carded. It seems to me he was just passing the ball to where the referee pointed to. Interestingly, Neville and Carragher also mentioned about not penalising Doku during the post match. This is the video of it, how can a yellow card be given for this ?

Let’s be clear about it
Arsenal are a horrible team under a horrible manager playing their very best
Not remotely close to us or dippers teams of the last few years
They rely on using every trick in the book
Yesterday that was their undoing. If they hadn’t of wasted time they probably would have won.
They also have a massive inferiority complex and don’t believe they can beat yesterday feels like a loss for them

I don’t ever remember an explanation for a red card being displayed on the big screen during the match as Trouseau, or whatever the snide personage is called, was. Has it happened and I’m just not remembering or was that to shut Ar teta up?
I’m even angrier about him and his thugs tactics this morning which is unusual for me. Game over an hour or so later I’m ok but I’m livid with them today.
Yeah, came up on the screen at the start of the second half, weirdly. To be fair, I thought it was because of the elbow into the back of Bernardo…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.